+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Thank you. I feel a bit better now. - well still nauseous actually!
    Well that's a good thing! I know it doesn't make you feel any better but the more symptoms the better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I am just freaking out cos last time my symptoms remained the same as the bub stopped growing for 2 1/2 weeks and didn't go until started bleeding. I do feel better tho

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wasn't sick & everything is fine with my pregnancy. Sorry, but it's a misconception that more symptoms mean everything is better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    I wasn't sick & everything is fine with my pregnancy. Sorry, but it's a misconception that more symptoms mean everything is better.
    I'm not so sure about that, I read an study recently (I'll see if I can find it to attach) that showed the higher rate of MS, the lower rate of miscarriage in the first trimester.
    It's not to say ALL people have to have to have MS to deliver but the the data was pretty clear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gee, what a helpful comment to someone who just said they haven't had any sickness.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

tiggerfields  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have had 5 miscarriages, an ectopic and a healthy pregnancy... some of these i have had MS and some i haven't. with DS3 i had nothing, but i had low hcg. with this pregnancy, i have been non stop nausea, and hcg is through the roof... i think it depends on the person... google will tell you lots of crap!!!!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimbo85 For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (17-08-2013),tiggerfields  (17-08-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    I'm not so sure about that, I read an study recently (I'll see if I can find it to attach) that showed the higher rate of MS, the lower rate of miscarriage in the first trimester.
    It's not to say ALL people have to have to have MS to deliver but the the data was pretty clear.
    What a load of bulldust. There may be something that shows that but in absolutely no way does it suggest that NOT having symptoms means the opposite... Evidence saying one thing does NOT mean the opposite is true at all. It just means everyone's experiences of pregnancy are different. Because people are different, and an experience of pregnancy depends so much on individual circumstances.

I would hate for someone who is not experiencing any pregnancy symptoms to read that and panic themselves about it when in fact 20% of women don't experience any morning sickness at all (peonies and myself included!) and it is absolutely normal.

None of the women on the maternal side of my family experienced MS with any of their pregnancies.

There have been a resultant ten babies born, 2 babies currently in utero and NO miscarriages between any of them. What that says to me is NOTHING about the likelihood of miscarriage versus the occurrence of morning sickness and everything about how genetics might play a role in experience of pregnancy through different genetic generations. Incidentally none of which have anything to do with the OP, sorry Kazza!

I would say if you implanted late (assume you can prove by temps or feeling or something?)? Then your scan would show that you're 3 days behind LMP dates, especially if they calculated it based on a standard 28 day cycle with o at day 14.

LMP throws my due date out by 2 days, but I did IVF so know not to go by that date. It's really just a guess though. Hope all is okay

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (17-08-2013),peoniesarepretty  (17-08-2013),tiggerfields  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not only is this a ridiculous comment, but one of the most insensitive things I've seen written on a message board that has a focus on pregnancy. I agree entirely with rainbow road and peoniesarepretty, I think in future you should have a REALLY big think about what you write and the possible effect it may have on pregnant women reading along. I am a part of another pregnancy group and while a number of women has MS, a lot didn't. Statements like yours do nothing but cause worry. For shame.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KandP For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Try not to worry to much OP. On the first dating scan with DS (DD was too long ago to remember lol) the u/s was about 3-4 days out. I know exactly when I conceived as we only DTD once in my fertile period.

As others said, it's not an exact science. having said that, being someone that has had losses, I think the anxiety is pretty normal tbh. If I ever do get pg again, I'll probably obsess and freak out until beyond the 12 week mark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please be careful about making these kind of statements to pregnant women, especially those who have suffered loss, all it does is scare them more. There is no proven direct correlation between lack of m/s and miscarriage, there are many other variables at play. Pregnancy produces many, many symptoms with m/s only being one of them. Plenty of women who don't have m/s have perfectly healthy babies.

I know plenty of women who didn't have any m/s and went on to have a healthy baby and others who were very sick early on only to have a miscarriage.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (17-08-2013),tiggerfields  (17-08-2013)