+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yep that poor baby :-( the only thing he deserves is ratsack. thats it. if he were in MY jail, id conveniently forget about him in solitary confinement.. whoops!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (16-08-2013),jez  (16-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHatter View Post
    Should not have read that story. That poor baby. Eligible for parole from next year?!! What a joke our justice system is. Stuff his halal food, I have no sympathy whatsoever!
    I had to stop reading it I found it too awful. You are so right, our justice system is f*cked. Poor Jill meagher would still be alive if our justice system had done something about that dog that killed her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel conflicted in a way now! Before I read about the case - I thought a person's religious beliefs (regarding Halal diet) should definitely be adhered to. Unfortunately, I read about this specific case and now my feelings have changed. Now, i'm not even sure why a person who committed such a heinous crime is even able to make such a ridiculous claim to the Court??? "Holy crap they didn't give you a Halal meal - you poor thing......" meanwhile - what about what you did to a poor little innocent newborn baby!!! AGAIN I say the Australian justice system is F*kd up!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Light For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (16-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post

I *think* (and I'm very open to being corrected about this) that proper halal slaughter requires the animal to be fully conscious before its throat is cut and the animal led to bleed, however, because this does not comply with Australian standards the interpretation of halal in Australia has been relaxed to allow the reversible stunning method.
    Yes proper halal slaughtering does require animal to be conscious. You have to treat the animal with respect. The knife must be very sharp with one cut across the throat...with the blessing of it said before it's done. It stops the blood from going to the brain. The animal does bleed out but it doesn't feel pain at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't understand how this even warranted resources allocated to the case to take it to trial.
    Think about the time, effort and cost involved in:

Determining if compensation was warranted
    Allocating state resources to represent him in court
    Gathering evidence
    Preparing the case - and the defence
    AND the time in court with the judge.

:/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    I *think* (and I'm very open to being corrected about this) that proper halal slaughter requires the animal to be fully conscious before its throat is cut and the animal led to bleed, however, because this does not comply with Australian standards the interpretation of halal in Australia has been relaxed to allow the reversible stunning method.
    My Dh used to work at an abattoirs with Halal slaughtermen and no stunning happened. They cut their throats alive... sorry I know it's graphic! I should add though this was almost a decade ago so it might have changed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    The animal does bleed out but it doesn't feel pain at all.
    How does it not feel pain?
    Plus I'm pretty sure bleeding to death would feel very nice regardless of pain or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not a flipping hotel. I don't care if he eats rotten food and cockroaches for the rest of his life. He forfeited his rights to choose his diet and lifestyle when he killed an innocent child. He should consider himself lucky he at least got vegetarian meals and not pig slop.

I am go smacked a convicted murderer can get compensation for not being able to have humanly killed meat to eat?! Where was the humanity for that little baby?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (17-08-2013),NewMrs  (17-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My biggest problem is the compensation that has been awarded. I don't get how people in prisons can even be eligible to ask for compensation. Sure complain to the warden and then to the government about your conditions. Maybe get the conditions changed a bit, but compensation - going to far IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If a dietary requirement is life threatening & medically necessary, yes.

Anything else, absolutely not.

Too be honest, I couldn't care less how prisoners are treated.. I think it's an absolute joke that they expect to be treated humanely, I assume their victims had the same expectation.

And as for the people who are saying, oh we should treat them with respect, after all they are humans blah blah blah.... Would you feel the same if this 'human' had raped, tortured & murdered your child? I highly doubt it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)