+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After reading the article again the government sort of set themselves up for a compo payout. He was previously given halal meat then taken away after he moved prisons. He was incorrectly told it wasnt available when it was. Silly mistakes that give killers compo payouts..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I consider myself a bleeding heart, but really... if you went to MY jail (my fictional jail I'm just making up in my head, mind you... lol), you'd be given 3 basic meals, 2 basic snacks, and endless supply of fresh water and maybe the occasional tea or coffee of a morning or an evening. THAT IS IT.

Healthy, nutritious, fair, but far from luxurious. There's be no such thing as lollies.

I think perhaps juvenile detention centres would be a bit different as would minimum security places for lesser crimes... but for major crimes... suck it up buddy. This ain't no Summer Camp!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (17-08-2013),Lauzy83  (17-08-2013),wobblermummy  (16-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I consider myself a bleeding heart, but really... if you went to MY jail (my fictional jail I'm just making up in my head, mind you... lol), you'd be given 3 basic meals, 2 basic snacks, and endless supply of fresh water and maybe the occasional tea or coffee of a morning or an evening. THAT IS IT.

Healthy, nutritious, fair, but far from luxurious. There's be no such thing as lollies.

I think perhaps juvenile detention centres would be a bit different as would minimum security places for lesser crimes... but for major crimes... suck it up buddy. This ain't no Summer Camp!
    Agree!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are many aged pensioners who would be glad of 3 meals a day- should we pay them compo for 20 years of living off beans and toast. It's a sad state when violent prisoners have more rights/privledges than our elderly.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (16-08-2013),Lauzy83  (17-08-2013),SoThisIsLove  (17-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There's nothing inhumane about the way animals are slaughtered according to Islamic beliefs. It's actually more humane than the way non halal are.

I don't see why he had a problem with veg meals boring non halal about them. Pig doesn't deserve anymore than that. He's eating.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    There's nothing inhumane about the way animals are slaughtered according to Islamic beliefs. It's actually more humane than the way non halal are.
    How so? This is from the RSPCA's website
    The standard for meat production in Australia is that all animals must be effectively stunned (unconscious) prior to slaughter. The vast majority of halal slaughter in Australia complies with this standard. The only difference with halal slaughter is that it uses a reversible stunning method, while conventional humane slaughter uses an irreversible stunning method.
    All commercial chicken abattoirs in Australia stun chickens prior to slaughter, including for halal chicken.
    Halal slaughter in overseas abattoirs often does not include stunning - this is the key difference between halal slaughter in Australia and many other countries.
    However, there are instances where the relevant Australian state or territory meat-inspection authority can approve an abattoir for ritual slaughter without prior stunning - either halal or kosher (Jewish slaughter) - for the domestic market. These are effectively exemptions to standard Australian slaughter practice. The proportion of animals slaughtered under these exemptions is very small, but nevertheless that any animals are slaughtered without stunning is of concern to the RSPCA.
    ***GORE ALERT! ANIMAL SLAUGHTER DISCUSSED****

I *think* (and I'm very open to being corrected about this) that proper halal slaughter requires the animal to be fully conscious before its throat is cut and the animal led to bleed, however, because this does not comply with Australian standards the interpretation of halal in Australia has been relaxed to allow the reversible stunning method.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (16-08-2013),delirium  (16-08-2013),FiveInTheBed  (16-08-2013),Tainted  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think "humane," is probably open to interpretation... I've heard people say that doing it the "bleeding out," way IS more humane and argue that point until they're blue in the face...

I guess as none of us have been bled to death OR stunned then slaughtered... we can just guess.

Personally, I'd rather be knocked out and then killed, that left to bleed out... but hey, that's just me...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (16-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg I hadn't seen this story so googled for the story and read what he did to that baby feed him halal food but lace it with some poison! What a monster!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (16-08-2013),jez  (16-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Should not have read that story. That poor baby. Eligible for parole from next year?!! What a joke our justice system is. Stuff his halal food, I have no sympathy whatsoever!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheMadHatter For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (16-08-2013),SoThisIsLove  (17-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I so wish I hadnt clicked on the link and read the story. He should be force fed non halal meat until he chokes on it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app