+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Scary Day

I am around 7 weeks pregnant and this afternoon I started bleeding, more than spotting and a bright red colour but not as heavy or dark as my normal period. I called the Dr right away as I have had a previous miscarriage and he got me straight in.

I went in for an ultrasound and was told that I have a biocornuate or a heart shaped uterus. The bub was fine in the right side but in the left I had a haemorrhage. The doctor thinks there was a possibility of an earlier twin that didn't implant.

I'm now on bed rest and home from work for 2 weeks and a possibility of further complications...

Has anyone else got this heart shaped uterus? I was told that it is the most common of uterus abnormalities but then I see it can also further increase the risk of miscarriage, it is harder to carry the baby to full term and that 50% of the time there is a breach birth.

I would just really like to know if anyone else has this and your experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by octopuslady View Post
    I am around 7 weeks pregnant and this afternoon I started bleeding, more than spotting and a bright red colour but not as heavy or dark as my normal period. I called the Dr right away as I have had a previous miscarriage and he got me straight in.

I went in for an ultrasound and was told that I have a biocornuate or a heart shaped uterus. The bub was fine in the right side but in the left I had a haemorrhage. The doctor thinks there was a possibility of an earlier twin that didn't implant.

I'm now on bed rest and home from work for 2 weeks and a possibility of further complications...

Has anyone else got this heart shaped uterus? I was told that it is the most common of uterus abnormalities but then I see it can also further increase the risk of miscarriage, it is harder to carry the baby to full term and that 50% of the time there is a breach birth.

I would just really like to know if anyone else has this and your experiences.

Hi Octopuslady!!
    I have a similar story to yours. I have a unicornuate uterus which is essentially 1/2 the size of a normal uterus & the least common uterus abnormality. My bubs was born by emergency c section at 37+5 weeks as she was failing to thrive inside. It was only after the c section did I find out that I had this condition. She was footling breech & was born a teeny 2kg. She's a very healthy, normal 16mth old now & had caught up in size by 9mths. I also had a big bleed early on which scared the living daylights out of me. I'm currently 10 wks pregnant with number 2, fingers crossed that this one will stick in there .
    This pregnancy is classed as high risk & my ob will be doing extra scans after the 20 week mark...a good excuse to see more of our little peanut! I'm taking low dose asprin to help with blood supply to the uterus & another c-section at 37/38 weeks. Good luck to you & your little peanut!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I have a bicornuate uterus. Am currently 17 weeks pregnant. I had heavy bleeds off and on from 7 weeks to 11 weeks. It is so incredibly scary, but so far bubs is growing perfectly and I've had no more issues since 11 weeks. Good luck!