+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's just so awful.

My strongest wish is that I hope those twins died together, at the same time. It breaks my heart when I imagine that one had to watch the other die before dying themselves.

I've decided I can't figure out how to feel about that woman and her family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I wonder if this is even a thread we are allowed to have? Just that mods have come down in the past about the rules of discussing members past and present.....

Either way those babies will never be forgotten by me during my lifetime
    Are you saying that she was a member here ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that yes she obviously she had problems and there where (Family/friends) that where told that things weren't right.Her daughter was trying to reach out for help but NOT enough was or should I say nothing was done ...for those two babies to be dead for 1 week or what ever it was is horrible
    How can the father not be held accountable also ...how can he come home and not was to see his kids for a week even if he wasn't living there for him to not see them in a week ...doesn't make sense to me ...RIP they are in a far better place now ...

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I wonder if this is even a thread we are allowed to have? Just that mods have come down in the past about the rules of discussing members past and present.....

Either way those babies will never be forgotten by me during my lifetime
    I think that if it is in the media, regardless of their status on BH, then it should be allowed to be discussed, otherwise it is ridiculous censorship.

Another one who feels quite awful about the whole thing. Just a shockingly awful situation.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

beebs  (15-08-2013),dancingchipmunk  (15-08-2013),FiveInTheBed  (15-08-2013),αληθη  (15-08-2013),Jakois  (15-08-2013),Lauzy83  (15-08-2013),MissMuppet  (15-08-2013),VicPark  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovepurplebutterflies View Post
    I think that yes she obviously she had problems and there where (Family/friends) that where told that things weren't right.Her daughter was trying to reach out for help but NOT enough was or should I say nothing was done ...for those two babies to be dead for 1 week or what ever it was is horrible
    How can the father not be held accountable also ...how can he come home and not was to see his kids for a week even if he wasn't living there for him to not see them in a week ...doesn't make sense to me ...RIP they are in a far better place now ...
    The father has also been held accountable too. He was initially charged with murder also but had a plea of manslaughter accepted, same as with the mother. The media focus does seem to be on the mother though. It's such a tragic case. I don't like to think about it too much, those poor babies. And poor daughter. Actually I feel terribly for the whole family. :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    I think that if it is in the media, regardless of their status on BH, then it should be allowed to be discussed, otherwise it is ridiculous censorship.

Another one who feels quite awful about the whole thing. Just a shockingly awful situation.
    I agree.. We're discussing a story that's currently in the media.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    She's already spent 5 yrs in jail. I wonder why it took so long to go to trial? Was the husband in jail as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Very sad case, Mental illness is insidious, and if we don't do everything we can to help those suffering from it- then the consequences can be horrifying.

I feel so bad for those little ones. And I also feel so bad for the mother - no mother in their "right" mind would purposely hurt their children. I don't know the full story - but it clear that she slipped through the cracks.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (16-08-2013),Ffrenchknickers  (15-08-2013),RipperRita  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a tragic, sad story.

Sad for those two babies that must have suffered so much.
    Sad for this mother who has to live with the fact that she caused the death of her children due to her mental illness.
    Sad for the family that have to deal with both the loss of this babies, and the tragedy of how they died.

Mostly, I am sad that mental illness is so under-diagnosed and that this could have been prevented if we had better support and controls in place. I'm sad that mental illness is something that people feel the need to hide, and therefore they go without diagnosis until it is too late.

It really sucks.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

beebs  (15-08-2013),MilkingMaid  (15-08-2013),RipperRita  (15-08-2013)