+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you kids "talk" to the tv?

You know...like when they sort of do call and response type things?

DS never did...he would just sit there and not respond, he would never get up and dance or anything like that. From about 3 he would say he thought they were silly and not watch shows that liked to talk to him "they cannot hear my answer anyway, so why bother" was his explanation

DD...answers back and dances with them and it has taken me by surprise lol

I guess I had assumed that it was weird that tv shows bothered to ask questions and try and interact with the kids....but, now DD has made me see that some kids do interact lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hehe, that's quite fascinating...two completely different approaches. I'm guessing that this probably reflects some other differences in their personalities that you've noticed OP...are you able to see those kinds of differences in them?

My LO is a bit young to respond to TV shows yet but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep DS loves Dora as she asks him questions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, they are incredibly different.

DS is "gifted" but also has some traits that would put him on the spectrum (personally, i think gifted is on the autism spectrum...but, that is just me lol). He likes logic and is very straight down the line...he does however still believe in Santa and LOVES fantasy/sci fi.

DD is very very physical...very co ordinated. She is a clever little thing...no idea where she will go with that though. She is about to turn 3. She has an amazing memory....more so than DS...who would solve things a 2nd time where she would remember them (if that makes sense).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, DS will be 3 soon and yells at the TV with responses especially to his BFF Diego.
    His 2 elder sisters are more reserved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DD spoke back. Not regularly... not like she thought they could hear her... but much like an adult might yell at idiot TV characters.

I remember hearing, "I said NO Dora! I don't want to!" or something like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the first time ds2 (who is 4) vocally responded to the TV the other day.

We were watching 'Wiggle and Learn' and when one of them 'spoke' to him, he looked at me like ''he's talking to ME mummy!''

The rest of the show was spent in stunned silence, but he did say bye to them at the end. Shyly.

He has nodded or shaken his head to respond before.

Ds1 occasionally spoke back, it was more of a 'not sure if they're really talking to me' type thing though.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ds is a watcher rather than a do-er. So, he was happy to watch tv shows, but not so much to interact with them. He was probably around 4 when he really started answering the questions posed as part of tv shows.

My dd is nearly 2 and she is so much more social and loves to interact with the tv. She needs very little encouragement to get up & dance for example. I have no doubt she'll be quite interactive with the tv in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol, my 3 month old talks to the tv. Not the shows that try to interact with kids, just regular telly. But she chatters her little heart out to the people on telly all the time.