+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks again Tamtam.

As foul as they are, I can put up with the poos if I know that's normal! It's the vomiting that still concerns me. With DS1, that stopped almost instantly on Elecare. I know all kids are different, but him still bringing up so much is making me feel like I may as well of kept b/f - so I've currently got the guilts too!

He has several allergies/intolerances, I now know that dairy is severe. I used an expensive organic hair & body wash(MooGoo) on his already sensitive skin last week. He ended up with a red raw head and red patches all over his body. Turns out there's milk protein in it!

Yes yes, the cow on the front should have been a dead giveaway...but I didn't even think about it, poor bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    my ds was severely intolerant to dairy, soy, wheat, eggs and gluten (even traces while bfing). His stomach lining was so damaged from the 11 months of bfing before I finally weaned to the prescription formula that it took a about 6 weeks for him to show total improvement. How long has bubs been on the formula? usually pepti junior is tried first for a couple of weeks and if its not working you go to neocate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Omg. I've been using moo goo on chloe. It didn't even occur to me about the milk protein either!!!! No wonder the eczema isn't going away!!!!!!!!! Stupid me.
    Lol.
    I've been using the qv bath oil sometimes. .. that is good stuff. Try that??
    Hopefully the vomiting stops soon. I actually rang the karicare/nutrucia info line about pepti and I was told the severe symptoms should go away fairly quickly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (16-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both my DD and DS had intollerances. DD was fine on Soy formula and for her skin I used Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream/Wash (with natural colloidal oatmeal). DS was on Aptamil Allerpro for a while and his poos were explosive, runny kahki green. I was also told its normal for that formula - easy in = easy out!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (16-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    my ds was severely intolerant to dairy, soy, wheat, eggs and gluten (even traces while bfing). His stomach lining was so damaged from the 11 months of bfing before I finally weaned to the prescription formula that it took a about 6 weeks for him to show total improvement. How long has bubs been on the formula? usually pepti junior is tried first for a couple of weeks and if its not working you go to neocate.
    Thanks Ripper - yes DS2 has had scans done and it showed lesions the whole way down his esophagus (sp?) from his violet vomiting, poor bub. He's allergic to dairy and is intolerant to soy and wheat too. I'm positive there's something else yet to be diagnosed, as I eliminated these entirely from my diet and he was still sick.

I'd been warned it may take awhile to settle down, so I guess I need to be a bit patient. He's only been on the formula full-time for a week, was still comp feeding before that for 2 weeks, exclusive b/f for first 4mths.

Tamtam - I'm glad I'm not the only one! I just didn't even think that it could affect him from the skin/outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also did the same thing with ds and moogoo and also a goats milk soap. Both made him break out in welts. I just stuck with dermaveen.