+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly, I've gotten really bad for that. After losing my baby and literally EVERYONE I was friends with is either pregnant, just delivered or constantly writing about somebody else's pregnancy. I get upset because we were all due around the same time. It may be a jealousy thing, but I believe that if you care about some one who has been through the loss of a child you should have more compassion for their feelings. Sadly though, too many people I know actually find joy in rubbing it in my face .
    Maybe my point of view on this subject is wrong but it really is hard to be happy to see everyone's daily pregnancy updates while I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I have a child ill never meet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennybaby View Post
    Agree rachell. The posts with articles full of incorrect information get my blood boiling. Especially when they have a judgemental overtone or have 'please don't comment of you disagree' in the tag line.Have to bite my tongue all the time! I think it makes people look as though they're trying to be superior and falls into the bragging category.
    I have gotten myself in to many Facebook fights about correcting information I've read in little articles posted, or generally something religious family members post that I've felt we're actually aimed at me.
    For example, I told MIL I support gay marriage.
    That night she bombarded everyone on her news feed on how it's an abomination etc...
    I would have much preferred she spoke to me about it... But anyway... The articles on "scientific proof" she posted was total BS so I called her on it.
    Well lets just say ever since then I bite my tongue for everything and just try to ignore all those things on Facebook!

However I must say I have found out half my friends are extremely gullible when they constantly post "You must read this, big health warning" when it's clearly a hoax and then when you read the article, and if it is true, it's usually just for a small part of the USA or India.
    My sister did one once over "Taco Bell" saying she was never eating a taco again... Ummm... Taco Bell is an America fast food restaurant love

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambiwantsababy View Post
    Honestly, I've gotten really bad for that. After losing my baby and literally EVERYONE I was friends with is either pregnant, just delivered or constantly writing about somebody else's pregnancy. I get upset because we were all due around the same time. It may be a jealousy thing, but I believe that if you care about some one who has been through the loss of a child you should have more compassion for their feelings. Sadly though, too many people I know actually find joy in rubbing it in my face .
    Maybe my point of view on this subject is wrong but it really is hard to be happy to see everyone's daily pregnancy updates while I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I have a child ill never meet
    I found it hard after my mc to see posts about pregnancy, but it isn't people rubbing it in your face or lacking compassion. I'm sure there were always pregnancy/birth posts before your loss and there always will be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (16-08-2013),ChickyBee  (15-08-2013),Chippa  (19-08-2013),FearlessLeader  (15-08-2013),MilkingMaid  (18-08-2013),SassyMummy  (16-08-2013),TimeForWine  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I found it hard after my mc to see posts about pregnancy, but it isn't people rubbing it in your face or lacking compassion. I'm sure there were always pregnancy/birth posts before your loss and there always will be.
    I wasn't talking about everyone who writes baby posts, that part of my comment was due to a few people, well actually two who do it on purpose just to hurt me. The others aren't purposefully hurting my feelings but its still upsetting /:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambiwantsababy View Post
    I wasn't talking about everyone who writes baby posts, that part of my comment was due to a few people, well actually two who do it on purpose just to hurt me. The others aren't purposefully hurting my feelings but its still upsetting /:
    I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. The couple of people you mention on here I would just hide them from your feed or unfriend them if all they are doing is causing you extra pain and doing it on purpose is just really insensitive

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. The couple of people you mention on here I would just hide them from your feed or unfriend them if all they are doing is causing you extra pain and doing it on purpose is just really insensitive
    Thanks honey, they have all been blocked now <3 x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think the line would be like - a friends toddler has just started sleeping through, so the statuses have been "x slept through!" "omg x slept through again!" wow 3rd time lucky! "" it's been 4 nights!!! "

..... If we got to "27th night x slept through!" that might be bragging.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app