+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On reread my comment about 'if you wouldn't make a phone call about it, I don't want to see it' was meant to be a lot more light hearted than it is. (I forget sometimes that I usually keep my OTT melodrama off here).

I just block or delete those that annoy me repeatedly and then check their profile every few days to see if there's anything I'd find interesting. And I'm certain there have been people do the same with my feeds. As others have said it's not that hard!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm always posting about my daughter. That being said, it isn't always good!! I share the good the bad and the ugly.

One night when she kept getting out of bed I got advice on fb on how to handle it (keep putting her back without talking). My friends said it went for hours in their house so I settled in for along night. The support helped me stick to it and keep going, that's why I like sharing parenting stuff on FB, even the bad moments.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with you, OP. I don't have a FB account, but have had in the past. I don't miss it at all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't mind people sharing good things. In fact I want to hear good news. I think there is a lot of over sharing on Facebook though. For example, two posts a day about how smart and amazing your kid is is too much. Once or twice a week, acceptable. For me anyway.
    I also don't like when things are exaggerated. For example, my three year old said, 'wow mum, I'm so amazed that the prime minister doesn't just accept asylum seekers when they have a right to seek our help'. I'm sure a three year old said something close to that, but I hardly think it was worded so eloquently. Makes me think bs every time I read a post like that.
    By all means, brag away though. Those are my issues not everyone's!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I tried posting less about DS1 and got in trouble because everyone missed their daily dose of what he had been up to or the photos of him. Now I share what I want and I don't care if people think I'm bragging. I am proud of my kids, that doesn't mean I'm not excited for my friends too.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

JR03  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by GirlsRock; 15-08-2013 at 15:25. Reason: cbf

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love when people brag/share good things on facebook. I love reading about clever things my friends kids have done and having a giggle at the funny things. I like when people with nice houses post pictures of their beautiful things and I like when my friends who live in beautiful places or are on holidays post pretty pictures of sunsets and beaches and buildings and them in bikini bodies stretch mark free haha. I'm not a jealous person naturally and I visually love looking at nice things (hello pinterest). So it is a win for me!

The only bragging I have ever not liked is someone who is no longer close to me. She used to put pictures of her and her DH kissing or breakfast in bed etc and saying how he is the best husband and daddy. I knew the truth that he was actually very horrible to her, so when I saw posts like that from her, it just made me sad for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The reasons why I deleted my facebook account -
    1. IVF Infertility issues seeing others pregnancy updates, photos ect upset me.
    2. I got married and only half a dozen people out of the 180 or so *friends* bothered to congratulate me.
    3. I overheard two people I work with who were my facebook friends talking about one of their mutual facebook friends from school making fun of photos that she had posted of her new baby to the point of they were sayinf that the baby didn't even look like the father, was ugle ect. Made me realise how shallow/ nasty some people are and these two ladies did not come across this way in person at all.
    4. Saw my neice being bullied once again made me realise how nasty and bad facebook can be especially for teenagers to be on there.
    5. Overheard a work collegue discussing a post I had put on facebook in a not very nice way. Deleted her.
    6. Got sick of seeing photos of peoples dinner.
    7.Saw a few people out in the *real world* who had sent me friend requests via facebook however looked straight through me in person. Yes they saw me.
    8. Social pages people seem to only go on there to pivk fights with others. It is almost like they are unhappy with their real life and purposely say nasty things on line. It amazed me that people said what they said I bet they would never dare say that to another person face to face. Example Sunrise has a page and when Fifi Box had a baby many made fun of her choice of name , her weight gain ect. So rude.

Anyway as I said I deleted my account

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    I love when people brag/share good things on facebook. I love reading about clever things my friends kids have done and having a giggle at the funny things. I like when people with nice houses post pictures of their beautiful things and I like when my friends who live in beautiful places or are on holidays post pretty pictures of sunsets and beaches and buildings and them in bikini bodies stretch mark free haha. I'm not a jealous person naturally and I visually love looking at nice things (hello pinterest). So it is a win for me!
    This. I'm with Tootsies
    The only kind of updating on FB that I struggle with is updates that are waaay to much information or the constant, FML it's so hard blah blah blah every 2 mins.

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont care what people post - seriously! I just enjoy interacting with my friends that are too far and wide spread to catch up with in person, and Im too time poor to be ringing all of them.

I share pics upon pics upon pics of my babies - yep I do - and I tell funny little stories the eldest one says, share precious moments between the two of them, things we get up to as a family etc.

I also will sometimes just say bring on wine oclock haha its a way for me and my friends to then jump on and get together and say oh good god yes when is bedtime today has been..... because.... etc etc.

AND I ALSO POST FOOD PICS. bahahha

I honestly never think before i post - the exception is really bad language and rude stuff (some older family members).

Other then that its a free for all. Its not like I HAVE to sit on facey - its just something I like to do and i take the good with the bad! Thats what makes it so great haha

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (15-08-2013),MissMuppet  (15-08-2013),pilbarablossom  (15-08-2013)