+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just don't get it, especially with kid related updates. The early years go by so quickly, why on earth shouldn't we be proud and excited?

I'd much rather see updates about the 'bragging' stuff than things like 'making curried sausages for dinner' or 'stuck in traffic.' If its not something you'd rung a friend about, I don't want to see it on my feed!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

kriista  (15-08-2013),TheEmpress  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    It depends what it is. I've got one friend who's always bragging about what presents her boss bought her, how she found some designer shoes under her bed, how much money she spent at Boxing Day sales, selfies at exclusive restaurants/bars. I'm happy for her, bit it's all just superficial to me. She never puts up anything else. I don't get it.
    See I don't think that we can judge that as superficial, who are we to say what should be 'deep' or important to another person?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, I don't really get it either. Life is so short. If we cant be proud and happy about the good things in our lives and share them with others we care about then what is the point? If you whinge constantly on fb people complain about that too. Can't win.
    Last edited by Tildy; 15-08-2013 at 11:06. Reason: fixing punctuation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    See I don't think that we can judge that as superficial, who are we to say what should be 'deep' or important to another person?
    Well since she's my friend irl as well, I know that that's her. She is superficial. But I still love her. If I didn't, I would delete her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    If its not something you'd rung a friend about, I don't want to see it on my feed!
    I think this is something important for me to remember with FB. You can post what you want, but I think I like my FB to be about important things I want to share, with the occasional funny thing thrown in. But then again I could just delete it altogether and actually call people!

If a post annoys me, I ignore. If someone is constantly posting cr*p I either unfriend or block them from my feed. I don't have many braggers on my feed fortunately. Mine are more filled with the "fishing for likes" type people. ugh.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    It depends what it is. I've got one friend who's always bragging about what presents her boss bought her, how she found some designer shoes under her bed, how much money she spent at Boxing Day sales, selfies at exclusive restaurants/bars. I'm happy for her, bit it's all just superficial to me. She never puts up anything else. I don't get it.
    mm yeah I have to say this obsession is far more annoying than proud parents bragging about their kids.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Remember that facebook and status updates are a relatively new phenomenon. People have different views of what it means to post depending on how they relate it back to their own experiences.

FB didn't exist (or it did, but no one knew about it) when I had DD. It would have been weird, for example, for me to email every single person I know once a day to talk about DD or share pictures of her. When I was a baby, it would have been weird for my mum to telephone or send letters to everyone she knew every day to tell them about her kids' achievements. It can be hard for people (particularly oldies like me ) to not relate it back to something like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    FB is not compulsory! If it annoys you, don't use it.

You can't expect everyone's behaviours to be the same as your own, so people will of course post things you wouldn't.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (15-08-2013),gizmoduckus  (19-08-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (15-08-2013),Mokeybear  (15-08-2013),NancyBlackett  (15-08-2013),peanutmonkey  (15-08-2013),Renn  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can understand the odd bit of eye rolling at someone on FB but if their statuses are actually annoying you or upsetting you then hide them or delete them.

I don't get why this is so hard for people?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (15-08-2013),ChickyBee  (15-08-2013),gizmoduckus  (19-08-2013),Stiflers Mom  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I agree with most on this thread and the op. I find it all so weird. As someone said, FB isn't compulsory! Live and let live.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (15-08-2013)