+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default DS has a crooked willy....UPDATE NEED MORE ADVICE.

DSS willy is like crooked on the end so he wees to the left. Its like the wee hole is turned left not center. I couldn't figure out all his nappies leak ed out the left side but now I know. The MCHN said to take him to the pediatrician but wondering if anyone else had this? What happened? He's 19 week s.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by CleverClogs; 17-08-2013 at 19:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could be a mild hypospadius? Think that spelling is right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hypospadias...isint that when the urethral opening is at the base of the willy not the end? I've done peads nursing and thats what I remember it being. He wees out the end ...it just goes sideways. Bit of issue at a urinal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm, my son (now 7) used to always wee to the right...the problem was his foreskin seem to point that way, and was quite long. It was like the skin was the tinyest bit tighter on one side, so skewed it a bit. Now that his foreskin retracts (and it was latish in retracting -about 6) there is no problem as he knows to pull the skin back a little when he wees to get a straight ******. So the opening itself was fine, it was the skin that got in the way

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    Hmmm, my son (now 7) used to always wee to the right...the problem was his foreskin seem to point that way, and was quite long. It was like the skin was the tinyest bit tighter on one side, so skewed it a bit. Now that his foreskin retracts (and it was latish in retracting -about 6) there is no problem as he knows to pull the skin back a little when he wees to get a straight ******. So the opening itself was fine, it was the skin that got in the way
    This is the same with us exactly, he did have a bit of phimosis when he was younger though too. We know if he hasn't retracted a bit as he wees on the floor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Was wondering if it might be a foreskin thing. But does that mean the have to do this for the rest of their lives? How did you toilet train them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol no! My son quickly learned directional control once he was standing up to wee, about age 3 (he TT at 2). He knew how to hold his penis so he weed the right way :-)

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    He sounds like he has mild to moderate hypospadias and chordee. My son had this.
    The op is not the most pleasant to watch them go through but amazingly I never realized my son was in so much discomfort until after the op and he smiled when he wee-ed for the first time as opposed to a kind of whimper I had earlier assumed was just him not liking being wet or dirty...
    The foreskin gets removed and used to extend the urethra which is too short (hence pulling the penis the wrong way and also the "hole" being in the wrong position. In the end they look circumcised but have full function and learn to toilet train just like everyone else.

If this is what it is it does need to be corrected, fertility issues etc can arise if it isn't.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Notably Nutty For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it sounds like a chordee rather that hypospadius but a paed/paed surgeon could tell you. I would get it looked at as if it is severe it can affect sexual function later in life and they could tell you if it is bad enough to worry about

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (15-08-2013),HugsBunny  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also- You actually need a referral to a paed urologist. Rather than just a Paed. Op usually done around 9 months -16 months

They thought my son actually had mild hypospadias and moderate to severs chordee, and when he was in theatre and the foreskin was removed they discovered the hypospadias was much worse than they thought and his op took longer than we were told (which had me panicking). However being in the head of the penis we were VERY lucky. Severe hypospadias have more than one operation as the urethra ends either in the shaft or worse under the scrotum (a friend's child had this one small world when it comes to genetic traits and mutations!)....

So know that even if you discover he does in fact have this, he is not alone and he doesn't have it as bad as quite a few others have had.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Notably Nutty For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (15-08-2013)