+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF & Exercise??

Hi there, does anyone know what the safe heart rate is for exercising while stimming? I'm due to start my 3rd round of IVF in a couple of weeks & have some weight to lose. I'm currently walking 1hr per day and want to try & keep walking once I start injections etc. I've bought a Polar watch to keep an eye on my heart rate but would love to know what others have been told??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There's no rules whilst stimming, but it's sensible to stick to less thab 140bpm post transfer. My clinic likes you to take it easy for 5 days post transfer

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

stc76  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I was also told no rules when stimming, however advised against any exercise after transfer and before we knew the results of our cycle. The nurse told us anything that raises your heart rate also increases your temperature and we didn't want $10,000 'scrambled eggs'. I think they were being over cautious but for that kind of money over cautious is the only way to go. I didn't feel much like doing anything after EPU anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My clinic advised up to 120bpm while doing a full stim cycle, and between transfer and BT. Other than that, up to 140bpm. I was told this was because they didn't want you to get overheated or have problems with bleeding or your ovaries while stimming, especially as EPU approaches. My clinic also said take it easy for a few days after EPU. I found it really hard to get used to at first, as before this, I was doing a boot camps, GRIT, Body Attack, Spin, Combat, etc and weights as well. I stuck to walking, pilates and yoga during stims and after transfer

Good luck for your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hijack this thread. What kind of exercise would represent 140 bpm / 120 bpm? I'm currently doing PT and GRIT. Do I stop doing it when I start my medication? Or just after the transfer? Thank you!