+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best formula for wind?

Hi there,

DS is almost 5 weeks old, but was born 4 weeks early. The nurses in the SCN put him on Nan HA Gold, so we've just continued on that.

Problem is he has terrible wind issues, it's causing him quite a bit of pain and distress. We are using Dr Browns bottles, which have an aspirator to reduce wind and colic, we make sure we burp him thoroughly (even though he fights us the whole time!), we've had him on Infants Friend for a week now, and we have also been doing exercises to relieve his wind...but nothing seems to help his poor little tummy!

I'm now thinking maybe its the formula?? Does anyone have any recommendations for a formula that helps with reducing wind??

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It totally depends on the child as to what suits them best but we used Bellamy's and were very happy with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried Infacol? That was the only thing which really helped my son when he was collic/wind.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read reviews that nan comfort is meant to be very good for colic. I am in a similar situation and dd is on nan ha from the hospital

This is my 5th night of no sleep as she is in so much pain from the wind and tummy pains.

I looked up nan comfort as I saw it in woolworths - lots of good reviews and apparently has a probiotic which us good for colic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were having the same issues, this was 2.5 years ago...though after trial and error he really settled on Heinz Nurture (not gold!)

Good luck! There is light at the end of the tunnel :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had terrible wind issues with DD and used gripe water every few hours as stated on the bottle ..
    It seemed to be the only thing that worked and we stayed on the NAN formula that she started on from the day of her birth. If nothing else works go to your doctor and they can prescribe something and or check to see nothing else is wrong . Best of luck