+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    I guess if you were THAT sick with HG, then you'd just have to weigh up the risks to the baby.
    Like any mediation you have to individually weigh up risks vs benefits. Many medications prescribed for hg are category c. So if it was a c cat drug or a natural one I'd choose marijuana. Luckily my hg was managed by a and b cat meds, others are not so lucky.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    100% support for it on this thread. Would be interesting to hear from those opposed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes BUT it needs to be very strictly regulated and monitored. As in no driving, taking care of children, correct dosage etc.

It is a drug of addiction and people can abuse it to easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    100% this. I don't believe in the criminalisation of drugs at all actually. It's a health issue not a criminal issue, prohibition makes it a criminal issue.
    No way. No currently prohibited drugs should be decriminalised. They are drugs of addiction And they would mast likely be abused. Not to mention they would be made easily more available for children and adolescents.

I've worked in mental health and have seen waaaaaay to many people be admitted with drug induced psychosis/schizophrenia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    No way. No currently prohibited drugs should be decriminalised. They are drugs of addiction And they would mast likely be abused. Not to mention they would be made easily more available for children and adolescents.

I've worked in mental health and have seen waaaaaay to many people be admitted with drug induced psychosis/schizophrenia.
    They're being abused anyway and through criminalisation clog up the justice system with being who are battling substance abuse.

I don't believe de-criminalisation will increase the use of drugs - pretty sure myself, my mum or my pa are not going to go out and develop an ice addiction because it's now decriminalised.

It's already easily available and de-criminalising begins taking back control of black markets.

I don't believe prohibition works, people who are in jail should be receiving mental health care instead of punishment.

Alcohol, cigarettes, valium, codeine etc are all also drugs of addiction.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (15-08-2013),beebs  (15-08-2013),Ffrenchknickers  (14-08-2013),singlemumma82  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    They're being abused anyway and through criminalisation clog up the justice system with being who are battling substance abuse.

I don't believe de-criminalisation will increase the use of drugs - pretty sure myself, my mum or my pa are not going to go out and develop an ice addiction because it's now decriminalised.

It's already easily available and de-criminalising begins taking back control of black markets.

I don't believe prohibition works, people who are in jail should be receiving mental health care instead of punishment.

Alcohol, cigarettes, valium, codeine etc are all also drugs of addiction.
    As usual took the words out of my mouth. I have Valium and codeine in my cabinet. And alcohol of course. I just don't see how it's any different.

The number of kids who would turn down a joint solely because its illegal would be very minimal. And jailing youths for smoking a bit of pot or even having some recreational class A's is madness. In my experience these people are FAR less dangerous to society than the p1ssheads who drink 10 pints and then smash people's heads off pavements when having a drunken brawl.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-08-2013),beebs  (15-08-2013),singlemumma82  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    As usual took the words out of my mouth. I have Valium and codeine in my cabinet. And alcohol of course. I just don't see how it's any different.

The number of kids who would turn down a joint solely because its illegal would be very minimal. And jailing youths for smoking a bit of pot or even having some recreational class A's is madness. In my experience these people are FAR less dangerous to society than the p1ssheads who drink 10 pints and then smash people's heads off pavements when having a drunken brawl.
    Agree 100%.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Decriminalising drugs won't necessarily see a rise in usage. It just means that people found with small amounts for personal use are fined under civil law instead of charged with a criminal offence. Most found in possession of cannabis in SA, ACT and NT are offered help through drug and alcohol services. I don't see a problem with it personally.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-08-2013),beebs  (15-08-2013),Ffrenchknickers  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post

What's your take on legal prescription drugs though? They are becoming more and more of a problem. I know that call outs to the ambos for oxy overdoses have overtaken heroin overdoses now and as I said before, when I had to detox from Benzos, 90% of people were there for legal drugs. I see prescription opiates and Benzos in particular as particularly harmful compared to marijuana used properly for medicinal purposes. It's madness that OxyContin 'slow release' in particular and Benzos are so easily accessible. Easier than some illegal drugs and just as addictive.

Medical thc could do amazing things
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 14-08-2013 at 22:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big fat YES!!! My mum suffered many years of excruciating pain after endometriosis and many botched operations. She was addicted to many high end drugs including morphine. Suffered terrible depression. Her doctor HIGHLY recommended she try marijuana. She did and it helped. She was able to wean herself off the big drugs and started living a more pain free life. I think if she didn't take the doctors advise my mum would have taken her life. So yes I fully think it should be

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast