+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Did anyone else watch Dr Mosley presenting 'Pain, Pus and Poison' on SBS the last few weeks?

It explored how pain killers have been discovered, introduced and evolved through the years. Very interesting series!

THC can be taken in a few forms - it's not like all people who use it are going to be stalking the streets looking to score - then going home to stuff it in their bong!
    No but that sounds interesting, I wonder if I can catch it online.

If it were legal for medicinal purposes I would use it for my pain rather than oxycodone for sure and I know I'd be alot better off . I took ten endone at lunchtime today and still have pain.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

singlemumma82  (14-08-2013)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I absolutely support it. Why take a synthetic chemical compound when there is a perfectly natural alternative available?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

mummabear13  (14-08-2013),Stiflers Mom  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    Yes I absolutely support it. Why take a synthetic chemical compound when there is a perfectly natural alternative available?
    Agree, the world has gone mad

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (14-08-2013),HugsBunny  (14-08-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I abhor the use of illegal drugs, I loathe and detest them with very fibre of my body BUT given the vast amount of evidence that THC can provide significant and profound pain relief for the suffering I wouldn't dream of opposing it. Chronic pain would have to be one of the most torturous things in the world.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    100% absolutely yes. I've nursed/watched more than one person die in terrible pain. If THC could ease their agony I would offer not a single objection. I do not understand anyone's objection to this. IMO those against have either never seen someone in this kind of pain and therefore are ignorant about how bad it is or they are utterly heartless. There is no logical reason to deny THC to a person in agony when we have legal opiates from the same family as heroin and diet drugs from the same family as amphetamines.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (14-08-2013),dancingchipmunk  (15-08-2013),Ffrenchknickers  (14-08-2013),HugsBunny  (14-08-2013),singlemumma82  (14-08-2013),Stiflers Mom  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    No but that sounds interesting, I wonder if I can catch it online.

If it were legal for medicinal purposes I would use it for my pain rather than oxycodone for sure and I know I'd be alot better off . I took ten endone at lunchtime today and still have pain.
    a couple of the first episodes have expired - but you can get it at ABC shops for about $30.

Hope you are okay today - I felt like passing out just reading your comment!

*big hugs* to you too singlemumma82

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (14-08-2013),singlemumma82  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cool I will look for it.

I'm getting there thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tricky question for me to answer as I know of someone who used it for pain and wound up in a psychiatric hospital for some time with psychosis. It needs to be heavily researched and clearly monitored before it becomes legal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophisto View Post
    Tricky question for me to answer as I know of someone who used it for pain and wound up in a psychiatric hospital for some time with psychosis. It needs to be heavily researched and clearly monitored before it becomes legal.
    I guess the thing to consider is that all drugs will not agree with all people iykwim. Me, two nurofen plus and I'm out for the punt. dH on the other hand- I've seen him after being given OxyContin (once off in hosp) and he was totally alert. Nothing affects him much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes yes yes!

I have heard people say that if its prescribed people will abuse it... Umm?!? And that's a valid point?
    Lets talk about how many over the counter drugs are abused daily let alone the ones available on prescription.

To the ones who have the argument of "the bad side effects" ALL drugs, legal or not are not going to agree with some, not agree with others, some will have bad side effects etc.
    that is why it will be prescribed and monitored.
    It isn't like they will get it off the street corner and get stoned every waking minute.
    To be honest for some people they will take the side effect and possible complications just to have a bit of relief.
    If they are about to die then I think giving them a bit of peace it's more than humane and in this case side effects won't really matter.
    I would also make it a little less traumatic for the family when they are by the side of their loved one passing.

I find it really sad that people are still living/dieing in debilitating pain when this could be a very effect solution to make their life or the last minutes of their life better.
    And yet it's not available here without it being illegal. It's sad.

Personally, I have been prescribed endone and was on morphine injections at one point in my life, still am sometimes when that pain comes.
    I would rather have the option of taking THC instead of the current ones available for me.
    Personally I have found endone to be far more addictive than what I ever found cannabis to be (have used it in the past for my pain)