+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with zombie. I have an 8 month old who has aversions and big feeding issues. We've been working with a speech therapist since she was 3 months for bottle feeding and now for several months for solids. I've recently been to feeding workshop too. .. your friend really needs to get working on the solids like zombie said or it becomes a big problem. Not sure how you could approach it though.
    We do feeding therapy which has been a huge help.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pink ribbon View Post
    My friends Toddler doesn't eat. He Breastfeeding all day and all night. He maybe eats 3 types of food but not regular meals or anything and is never exposed to an array of textures, tastes etc.
    I know my friend knows what she is doing and is the most beautiful loving mum but will her son suffer in the long run because he doesn't eat, he just has breastmilk.
    Her DS is bright, bubbly seems to be meeting milestone, I just worry though...
    If shes seeing a paed, and he's meeting all milestones I would say butt out. As a mum who had a child with an illness based food and appetite issue that still presents with food aversions now, leave it alone. If she's not seeing a paed suggest it, help if she asks and leave it alone.
    the pressure we had from every one, family, friends, well meaning or nosy when ds wouldn't touch food at all was appalling to deal with- some of our friendships never recovered because well meaning friends decided they knew better than Ds's paed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I kind of disagree with pp.
    I would have to say that I believe early intervention is often the key. My dd has a diagnosed feeding issue related to her syndrome and lots of medical intervention. In comparison to other children with a similar diagnosis who missed out on early intervention she's doing amazing. ..she would've been tube fed if it wasn't for feeding therapy that started at 3 months.
    Anyway. ..I guess if it's a friend it would be hard to say something. .. I'm not sure what I would say in this situation to a friend. But I do believe the sooner there is intervention (in a supportive non forceful way) the better.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app