+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 8 month old tummy sleeper..

My 8 and 1/2 month old has all of a sudden decided that sleeping on her tummy is her favoured option. I put her down on her back but she rolls over. This started yesterday for her day nap. .. then she rolled over during the night. .. then she's done it again for her morning nap.
    She rolls easily. . but doesn't like rolling from tummy to back anymore for some reason. She spends ages playing on her tummy and pushes her head up well and has good strength in her neck etc.
    And interestingly, she seems to be sleeping longer on her tummy. We've always had difficulty sleeping.
    I'm wondering if I should really force the issue to have her on her back for sleeping? Before it turns into a major habit.
    Or because she's over 8 months I just let her???
    Just a first time mummy freaking out about tummy sleeping.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've always thought that once they can roll themselves not to worry, just make sure it's a safe environment.

Personally I'd leave her and just make sure she was in a gro bag or similar - not swaddled, with no blankets to get stuck under. Trying to keep her from doing it with those cushions would be more dangerous.

Seems like she's figuring it out on her own clever clogs

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Hey TamTam! Long time no read... My son started sleeping on his tummy at 6 months, way before he liked to roll front to back. Even now he only rolls that way during atomic level tantrums. Like Shani said, as long as she has good next strength and is in a grobag or similar, it's not a problem afaik. DS sleeps much better on his tummy, as well, which is why we didn't try and change it. I had a few sleepless nights though.

Nowadays his preferred position is in his side with one hand on his forehead, 'woe is me' style!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't worry tamtam, at 8 and a half months bub should easily be able to roll back and forward so just let her,otherwise you'll be up all night rolling her back, lol.
    I slept baby 2 and 3 on their tummies from newborn (naughty mummy, please don't judge) as they both slept SO much better that way, I had a breathing monitor underneath them for reassurance and they were both fine. Babies will generally prefer sleeping on their tummies.

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. Funnily enough I just sold our breathing monitor!!
    Dd is delayed a bit with things due to open heart surgery so I just freak out sometimes!!

Mrsharvey...yeah!! How's the sleep going?? Chloe slept from 1030 till 6am last night. .. And she was on her tummy. Usually I'm up at 12 and 230ish..5... well. You know the drill!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app