+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default Who said exercise was a good thing?

Due to working full time, taking car of a household and a 3 1/2 year old that never stops i have not been going to the gym very often. Infact, i havent been in 3 months!
    So on the weekend, armed with my tax check i went and bought a treadmill, exercise ball and some weights...
    Sunday: 4 hours it took us to put the bloody thing together. Heavy as anything, one scraped knuckle and an awesome bruise on my shin, we got it together. Due to the 2 beers i had while putting it together, i thought it would be best to start on monday.
    Monday: Got home from worked PUMPED to get into it. Put peppa pig on for dd, got all set up and away i went. 60 minutes of DD asking me if it was time for her to have a turn yet, that i was taking so long. but i got there, 6.5kms in 60 minutes i put my treadmill away, got myself a carrot and gave DP $30 to go and get take away for the rest of the family. I did not move for the rest of the night.
    Tuesday: Well a little bit tender this morning but wasnt sure if it was due to the treadmill or falling asleep on the couch... stuck to it though, home from work, dinner in the oven, this time peppa pig set up on the tv in the bedroom and i was off and walking. Apparently peppa pig does not have the hold that i thought it did. Once again, 60 minutes of wanting a go, im taking to long but i pushed through it and clicked 7kms in 1hr and 3 minutes. Let me tell you, those last 3 minutes were pure torture.
    Today: OH MY GOD... i cant move, i am walking like a 200 year old, my DD had to put my socks on for me. Manual cars should be illegal. There should be a carpark right outside my office door. I am on my second coffee contemplating my third as i have a flight of stairs to walk up.... the pain, the agony, every single muscle hurts.
    The treadmill is now for sale.
    No real point to my thread, i called DP wanting sympathy (and help out of bed) and he LAUGHED at me
    The thought of going home this afternoon is terrifying, i think i might check into a hotel instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha! Love this post! Good on you for getting stuck in, but u think you need rest days in between otherwise you'll burn out, or become incapacitated as per today! 😉

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

bpac  (14-08-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe you should take it off the market and try again? Go a bit slower this time. Personally I know there's no point me pushing myself in a workout to a point where I'll be in pain afterwards, because i just won't get back into it. I think you need to really ease into it, get your body used to moving again. Maybe start with 3km or 20 minutes on the treadmill, and 5 reps of a few different exercises with the weights. Doing that 3/4 times a week is far far faaaar better than one intense workout a week or fortnight, or even worse giving up all together.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

bpac  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Ok. I will take it off the market for now
    I know it's the three day blues so maybe a rest day is in order!
    I plan on going home after works and sitting under a hot shower until the hot water runs out!!
    Thanks guys I will do this!!!! I will push through!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (14-08-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Ok. I will take it off the market for now
    I know it's the three day blues so maybe a rest day is in order!
    I plan on going home after works and sitting under a hot shower until the hot water runs out!!
    Thanks guys I will do this!!!! I will push through!
    No no don't push through, take it slowly, remember

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

bpac  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Remember, slow and steady wins the race!

FL is right, gently ease into it.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

bpac  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you for starting! You've already done the hardest part.
    Maybe run yourself in a nice hot bath with some muscle soak in it as a reward. Oh and unfortunately the best thing for sore muscles is to get them moving again

13. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

bpac  (14-08-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    The right sort of pain after exercise is your muscles recovering and as they do this they are actually getting bigger and stronger (so take comfort!!). So pain after exercise can be a good thing so long as it's good pain and not bad pain (ie, an injury).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

bpac  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I got stuck... STUCK.... 1/2 way up the stairs. I stood there on my phone pretending i had an urgent email to respond to while i waited until my body would move again. I then managed to get back down the stairs, faked waiting on an important phone call and sent someone else... DOH!

I think it is a good pain, it is not localised it is ALL OVER so i dont think it is an injury.
    I think i might brave it again tonight but Slooooooooooooowwwwww... DP suggested just turning it on and watching it go round and round.. hmmm

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good on you! Starting is the hardest part and it will take awhile to get used to it but you've got through the hardest part!
    Try taking a bath if peppa pig will hold her attention, you will feel like a million bucks after that.
    Remember no pain no gain and the fact that you are hurting is actually a good thing, you've used your muscles!
    7km in 1 hr is a lot though, maybe try pulling it back a bit until your body gets used to it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

bpac  (14-08-2013)