+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep agree 100%

Totes on the frozen coke too lol.

But i think that that way of life sass is perfect for maintenance. Someone in losing phase should avoid it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KLM76 View Post
    Hi ladies, what are your fb support groups called? I'm an ex bander, had it removed 6 weeks ago and I'm having a sleeve in another 6 weeks.
    Just from reading this thread I'm understanding more about life after sleeve and I thought I had done my research already
    Sorry to crash...I've got a lapband...had it done about 5 years ago. My BMI is exactly the same as it was when I was banded...give or take a few 20kg losses and gains *sigh*. Just curious about why you need to wait 6 weeks to have the gastric sleeve. Why can't they just remove the band and sleeve you in the same operation?

Also, Sassy & ZE, I know this might be difficult but I'm wondering if you're able to describe the kind of pain you experience when/if you eat too much. I realise that's a hard ask because I'm not sure how I'd describe the pain I experience when I have a blockage of my band.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, also, how do you make sure that you get enough fluids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    For me its not pain, its discomfort, the sleeve doesnt stretch so the food stacks up and up and up and i end up feeling like i have food sitting in my chest (because i do!) and u cant drink to force it down, so cough cough spew.

But... This has happened to me twice in two years. You learn very quickly, the minute u feel full. Stop. Not one more bite lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I still struggle with fluids, but ive never been a big liquid intake person.

Sip sip sip sip and then no drinking 30 mins after a meal.

Some sleevers can drink 2 litres in a day, if i focus on it seriously i can do 1.5 litres a day (more when i exercise)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Albert my surgeon said its best to wait 3 months between band removal and sleeve ops. That way any inflammation from removal of band has settled. I thinks it's fairly standard practice by all surgeons from what I've heard.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM76 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How would someone who has the sleeve deal with adequate nutritional intake once pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i have been pregnant 12 months after my sleeve. they say wait 12 months because thats when you can eat more.

the hormones released in pregnancy (you know they say no strenuous exercise because muscle relaxant hormones are released and you could injure yourself) also make the stomach loosen a bit.

i could eat far more than id ever been able to eat with the sleeve whilst i was pregnant.

a lot of supplements are needed (folate, multis, b12 etc), and i had frequent growth scans on bubba to make sure she was growing.

she was born just under 7 pounds and perfect. as long as you follow the plan and dont fill your tiny sleeve with junk, your baby will be fine. it wont be the baby that suffers it will be you, in the last 6 weeks i looked pretty horrible cause bubba was taking everything she could from me.

i had to have an iron transfusion 6 months after her birth cause i still hadnt recovered well enough.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

ProudMumma34  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So just by cutting back in sugar. ..not cutting out I've lost 3kgs in 1 week. and done 2 walks.

It's been hard because I'm so use to snacking a lot on high sugar/fat snacks. But also at the same time keeping my goal mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    Also, Sassy & ZE, I know this might be difficult but I'm wondering if you're able to describe the kind of pain you experience when/if you eat too much. I realise that's a hard ask because I'm not sure how I'd describe the pain I experience when I have a blockage of my band.

For me, it's not usually pain, I just start feeling "wrong." It's not even really discomfort... not like if you eat too much pre-op and need to lay down for a while... I just feel a little more saliva in my mouth, and it's a bit thicker... a bit yuckier... and I just know what a spew is coming on.

That's what happens when I eat too much - I spew it back up... because there's nowhere for it to go, it's just backflowing... so it comes back out for me. Many sleevers don't spew and it just subsides after a while.

Sleever spews are gross though. They're not all liquid and smooth like they are for normal people. They're dry and chunky (unless you're throwing up something that started out liquid and smooth). I always find there's a bit of mucous that comes back up first too - which is absolutely revolting and even just thinking about it enough to type it makes me want to go throw up. lol.

The easiest way to avoid getting too full? If you're not hungry anymore and are just eating because it tastes nice.. stop. Leave it. Throw it away.

I will admit I will make meal times last a lot longer if I've gone out to dinner... I will take a break, let my dinner settle, and go in for a little more. I still never eat an entire meal - usually not even half - but I am at the point where I'm okay with that because I'm on a maintenance stage. It's better to just stop and be done once you're not longer hungry. Or, if you're not hungry, eat 1/4-3/4 cup of food (depending on how far out you are) and then just stop for good.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (22-08-2013)