+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Nah they dont remove whats responsible for cravings they remove the thing that tells the brain you are hungry.

Hunger feels different now. Hunger feels like an empty gurgle but it doesnt nag at you anymore.

You detox big time in the pre and post op stage so essentially you dont crave stuff once its gone from your system. But im 3 years out and i got sick of eating high protein and i got pregnant and ate sweets and now its hard to get rid of.

Its a tool but not an answer or a problem fixer. If there is emotional gratification to eating the wrong food, that doesn't go away. I lost 57 kilos and its been great but 3 years out and it feels like i never had it done. The wrong foods are called slider foods and you can eat heaps of them. So you can still consume more than you should. And gain weight. After being in such restricted calories for so long, your body adapts and 18 months to 2 yrs out if you havent lost the bulk of your weight then you wont get a huge amount further. How can you reduce even further when your body has adapted to 800 calories being your normal?

The head needs to be fixed in my opinion.

No regrets here tho.
    This! Exactly this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (12-06-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Thanks ZE. :thumbup:

Eta-I've tried to get him to see a counsellor but he doesn't seem to think he has an issue. I've just made him an apt at an obesity clinic where counselling is mandatory. Hopefully he goes through with that part at least.
    Perfect. And ask if after its done they still offer continuous support. It can be extremely hard to eat your feelings away when all of a sudden you can only eat two bites. Then what do you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Very good point. His insecurities revolve around our infertility and I've seen a huge change (positive) in him since dd was born 6 weeks ago. It's him that has decided something needs to be done so that's the first step I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought you can't eatuch because ur stomach is so small? How can too much slider foods be eaten if there's no room to go?

I wouldn't get a band by choice. I had it 9 years ago and put all my weight back on plus some more

I'm waiting out my health insurance to get sleeve or bypass. But this time around I'll definitely try and get counseling as I have a massive issue with overeating and wrong foods and actually wanting to stuff myself silly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    I thought you can't eatuch because ur stomach is so small? How can too much slider foods be eaten if there's no room to go?

I wouldn't get a band by choice. I had it 9 years ago and put all my weight back on plus some more

I'm waiting out my health insurance to get sleeve or bypass. But this time around I'll definitely try and get counseling as I have a massive issue with overeating and wrong foods and actually wanting to stuff myself silly.
    Protein fills you up. Its dense, it takes a long time to break down.

I eat two grilled chicken tenderloins and i feel full.

But i can eat a whole block of chocolate in one sitting, or a whole bad of smiths chips.

Try to fit a steak in a glass of water, you cant get much in. Wet cake or chips or whatever and u can pack that in the glass big time.

So its still about choices.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (12-06-2014),Ngaiz  (12-06-2014),ProudMumma34  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Im really impressed hes done so well.

Dh is 6ft3 and currently weighing just under 150kg. He got down to 115kg two years ago but the expense of the gym, trainer and food was over $500/fn. With two hours of cardio a day plus 3 1hr weights sessions a week he struggled to keep it off. We also had a tough couple of years which triggered emotional eating and loss of motivation.

His main problem is poor food choices and portion sizes. His weakness is mainly sweets, which from reading, I understand can be curbed with the sleeve as the section resected is responsible for cravings? I may have interpreted it incorrectly. With the money we spent over 12 months we could've paid for GS.

My mum had a bypass 7 years ago and lost 75kg and has kept it off.

I wish your husband well with the rest of his weight loss journey.

Eta-What is the recovery like? How much time would one expect to take off work?
    He started at 190kg and is about 143kg now. Started 4wk pre-op diet 13th Jan, sleeved 10th Feb. He took 3weeks off work and folloed dieticians advice closely. I believe it was the best option for him as he tended to not eat all day then binge at night. Hid job is stressful too which doesn't help. He recently fessed up about his maccas breakfasts on the way to work etc and just how much he'd eat. He also drank a lot of pre-mix bourbon and coke so those aspects alone are gone completely.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To those who lost so much weight. When did ur weight loss start to slow down? Was it rapid at the start?

Also in my research I've read that u shouldn't get pregnant in the first year after the op. Is that really a strict rule? I've got fertility issues as it is. It would mean no chance till I'm 38! I don't want to go on contraception again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I lost the bulk of my weight in the first 7-8 months, then i fell pregnant on my 11th month and spent the next 9 months pregnant. By the time i was ready to start again it had been two yrs and im honestly lucky to drop 2 kilos in a month after that. And theres a lot of blood sweat and tears involved just to get that!

I think they say wait 12 months because it takes that time to heal... Your stomach when first sleeved can hold the volume of a bic pen, by 12 months it can hold a small banana, much easier to ensure baby and mother gets everything they need (although i was very badly anaemic and malnourished by the end of my pregnancy but baby was perfect and healthy.

But if you use that valuable window of easy loss being pregnant... Its gonna be very difficult to come back from that and have awesome results that others have.

Sleep deprivation, bigger stomach now, not up to exercising, falling back into convenient bad habits... :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also with my DH he has so much more energy and our relationship has improved 10fold ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (13-06-2014),Zombie_eyes  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bmi is 39. Im horrified to write that. Is there special counseling I can goto I dobt know why I eat

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app