+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    Just saw on the news, apparently he "had a dad moment" (in regards to his sexist comment).
    Oh yuck that makes it worse. Glad he's not my dad.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-08-2013),Funchu  (14-08-2013),salamat  (19-08-2013),Stiflers Mom  (14-08-2013),Tainted  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG I just read this:

"TONY Abbott says he is not going to change his views on gay marriage based on "the fashion of the moment""

Since when is equal rights just a "fashion"?? OMG please please please do not let this horrible person run our country

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-08-2013),Benji  (14-08-2013),kw123  (14-08-2013),rach85  (14-08-2013),RobinSparkles  (14-08-2013),salamat  (19-08-2013),Tainted  (14-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    OMG I just read this:

"TONY Abbott says he is not going to change his views on gay marriage based on "the fashion of the moment""

Since when is equal rights just a "fashion"?? OMG please please please do not let this horrible person run our country
    I know.

I hate him. I really do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are no words bad enough to explain Abbott and what a **** he is when he opens his mouth. Makes George W. Bush look good. Unfortunately I think Liberals will win this time because people are sick of Labor. Abbott is going to screw people left, right and centre. He is all about doing good for large companies and wants to make them happy, not the individual. Yeah he will bring the debt down by lowering company tax, getting rid of jobs in public transport, public schools, public hospitals etc. Like he is going to turn Australia around. The only thing he will turn around are the boats oh and gays because he thinks they are not normal.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulmum2 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    They are fore the use of regulated THC that sounds pretty legalized to me. That's all.
    Again, incorrect. They want thc regulated *for medicinal use* Not the same as legalized for recreational use.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-08-2013),FiveInTheBed  (14-08-2013),PomPoms  (14-08-2013),risfaerie  (14-08-2013),Tainted  (14-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I'll get fried, but if I may offer another opinion.

I don't think the sex appeal comment was that bad. I certainly don't read into it as, that he only thinks a woman is only decent if shes a looker.

I mean, I think it's terribly funny that he said it but I don't think he was dismissive to her intellectual qualities because of the sex appeal comment. It doesn't make me dislike him any more than I did before this comment.

Anyways, just another opinion.

He certainly knows how to put his foot in it, I'll give him that !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Again, incorrect. They want thc regulated *for medicinal use* Not the same as legalized for recreational use.
    I disagree, no one needs it for medicinal purposes, you don't have one without the other. In entitled to my opinion and express it, obviously you interpret their material differently to I

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I know I'll get fried, but if I may offer another opinion.

I don't think the sex appeal comment was that bad. I certainly don't read into it as, that he only thinks a woman is only decent if shes a looker.

I mean, I think it's terribly funny that he said it but I don't think he was dismissive to her intellectual qualities because of the sex appeal comment. It doesn't make me dislike him any more than I did before this comment.

Anyways, just another opinion.

He certainly knows how to put his foot in it, I'll give him that !
    I agree that it didn't make me think less of him.....but I think very poorly of him already.

For me, this comment is just another example to add to his very long list of examples of being dismissive of women and their abilities.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    I disagree, no one needs it for medicinal purposes, you don't have one without the other.

Could you please share your medical degree to back this claim up? THC has been used to help I'm many medicinal purposes, including cancer treatment and has even been proved to be effective in severe morning sickness.

My own doctor supports me using it for my chronic back pain as a result of a horrific rape at 17, which also effects my depression/bipolar. They would rather me take something natural as opposed to highly addictive manmade substances which I have try to take my life with twice before due to the pain I live with daily.

And I'm happy to also state my daughter is dressed, fed and well looked after, however her mum does need illegal drugs sometimes to cope with the pain (I can not even tie up my own shoes) and help me sleep when the demons come back.

I also know of two gorgeous ladies that turned to marijuana during their final days fighting cancer and the difference it made for them in those horrible days.

I'm a huge supporter of legalising marijuana for medicinal purposes. Please get your facts right!

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (14-08-2013),Atropos  (14-08-2013),dancingchipmunk  (14-08-2013),FiveInTheBed  (14-08-2013),Liddybugs  (14-08-2013),shelle65  (14-08-2013),Tainted  (14-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I heard the comment

He can't help himself because it's what he genuinely believes, it's how he really thinks.

Did anyone see joe hockey on the project trying to defend Abbott after? My mouth was open, he just dug the hole deeper by being equally (if not more) patronising to the two female panelists (carrie and Natasha). It was shameful and embarrassing.