+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    The greens will also legalize drugs and stop any removal of forests posing an even greater risk for fires, they will condemn us to an even higher carbon tax etc etc
    Legalising drugs is actually good policy. If you legalise them, you can regulate them (i.e. make sure they meet strict quality requirements), which will eventually eliminate the criminal element (as there will be no money to be made from selling sub-standard drugs). Also, you can tax the companies producing drugs in Australia & charge import duties on imported drugs. We spend way more money enforcing drug laws than we would by just regulating production through the normal process.

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    I reckon Malcolm Turnbull rather than Hockey.
    I'd vote for Turnbull. Imagine having a privileged elitist as the PM!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

kw123  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I really like turnbull!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Yes, total and complete moron. One of my friends who is a staunch Lib is saying she doesn't think she can bring herself to vote for him. That is saying a lot.

And this last week. I just laughed and laughed;

“No one,” Tony Abbott told a Melbourne gathering of Liberal Party faithful, “however smart, however well-educated, however experienced … is the suppository of all wisdom”.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...#ixzz2bqZFRnah
    I found this hysterical.
    I find yesterday's sex appeal comment deeply disturbing. Her is a man who would lead us telling us that a woman's value lies in her appearance. Not her policy, life experience, education or professional experience- none of that- just that voters will see her and want to have sex with her.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-08-2013),Meg2  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    The greens will also legalize drugs and stop any removal of forests posing an even greater risk for fires, they will condemn us to an even higher carbon tax etc etc
    Please link to their "legalise the drugs" policy? Because I just reread their policy on the matter here: http://greens.org.au/policies/drugs-...buse-addiction
    And to put it politely, you are wrong.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (14-08-2013),salamat  (19-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think what she meant was they don't believe the individual use of illegal drugs should fall within the criminal framework (principle 10).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

Mum2b87  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    I think what she meant was they don't believe the individual use of illegal drugs should fall within the criminal framework (principle 10).
    Yes.

Think what you want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    Yes but they still don't advocate legalization of drugs, just that personal use be dealt with civilly as long as not in conjunction with other crimes. There would still be a penalty and drug dealers would still be facing gaol. Decriminalisation is not the safe as legalising.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Yes but they still don't advocate legalization of drugs, just that personal use be dealt with civilly as long as not in conjunction with other crimes. There would still be a penalty and drug dealers would still be facing gaol. Decriminalisation is not the safe as legalising.
    I didn't say they did advocate the legalisation of drugs. I was just pointing out which principle I thought mum2b meant. Decriminalisation of individual drug use could have similar effects/consequences as legalisation of individual drug use, so I guess it's the possible consequences that are of concern to mum2b.
    Last edited by Funchu; 14-08-2013 at 10:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can someone explain why Turnball isn't leading the liberal party? I asked hubby last night and he says its because he's v wealthy so the general population don't like that. But surely he'd get more votes than Abbott? Abbott makes me sick. every day there's another reason to slap my head with disbelief that this guy could become prime minister.... And I'm usually a libs voter!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peasmum View Post
    Can someone explain why Turnball isn't leading the liberal party? I asked hubby last night and he says its because he's v wealthy so the general population don't like that. But surely he'd get more votes than Abbott? Abbott makes me sick. every day there's another reason to slap my head with disbelief that this guy could become prime minister.... And I'm usually a libs voter!
    Because when he was Leader of the Opposition he made absolutely no inroads against Kevin Rudd. At all.

Abbott on the other hand, did.