+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    He did support a carbon tax.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=12PN66IBoPs
    The point wasn't whether he supported a carbon tax, it was that Gillard had said there wouldn't be, didn't take it to an election, and there was no recourse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    And not just with a carbon tax. His whole demeanour, aggressiveness, negativity. If you can't see it, you just be blind.

Plenty of labor supporters here who have criticised labor, been open about their disappointment with the party, but some staunch liberal party faithful seem to have their blinkers.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 19-08-2013 at 14:03.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I've never suggested the negativity is one sided, however with people suggesting TA's negativity has changed the political climate without acknowledging the labor party's negativity I thought it might bring perspective.
    To me it has, because its been going on for years. It's slightly similar to how negative the republicans in the states have made the last four years in America, making it pretty impossible for much to get done because they just want to say no to Obama on anything and everything.

Mrsharvey's link is a great example...that's a couple years old isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    The point wasn't whether he supported a carbon tax, it was that Gillard had said there wouldn't be, didn't take it to an election, and there was no recourse.
    Wow!

See my above post!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I guess it's all a matter of opinion. But for me, I have found him extremely negative all the way through his term as Oppositional leader. And again, JMO, but I believe he played a huge role in inciting the hate for Gillard.

Lets not forget the several comments he made like about her dead father being embarrassed of her (paraphrased, forget his exact words). There have been so many. But someone made a comment earlier that I believe has merit. Abbott has attacked Rudd so much less than Gillard, particularly in personal attacks. That could be coincidental. Or that she was a woman. Or that Abbott simply finds less fault in Rudd. But I'm noticing a def change in his comments since the change of leadership.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (19-08-2013),Kirst33  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    lol yeah I would say that's pretty low blow!.... and really childish Not saying labor is immune to negativity but wowsers.

and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am not denying TA s negative, I do not have blinkers on.

What I've tried to bring to the conversation is that others also are negative, and honestly, the libs have been in opposition for 6years, so that explains the length of time.
    I'm not sure what you expect from the opposition? They are positive about their own policies and negative about the governments ones when they conflict with them.

Oh well, if the government changes come September we get to see how labor acts in opposition again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I guess it's all a matter of opinion. But for me, I have found him extremely negative all the way through his term as Oppositional leader. And again, JMO, but I believe he played a huge role in inciting the hate for Gillard.

Lets not forget the several comments he made like about her dead father being embarrassed of her (paraphrased, forget his exact words). There have been so many. But someone made a comment earlier that I believe has merit. Abbott has attacked Rudd so much less than Gillard, particularly in personal attacks. That could be coincidental. Or that she was a woman. Or that Abbott simply finds less fault in Rudd. But I'm noticing a def change in his comments since the change of leadership.
    The comments regarding her dead father were from Alan Jones.

I think the decrease in negative comments are more likely because Rudd is closer to the libs in a lot of areas, look at the asylum seekers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Oh yes you are right Peg, it was Alan Jones. It was said at a lib party function which is why I got confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Actually TA also made the "died of shame" comment, IN PARLIAMENT! That's what set her off on her misogyny speech; that was the last straw. After TA tried to distance himself from it when AJ said it, he then turned around & repeated it himself word for word, in a different forum. So it was actually both of them, but AJ is not running for PM.
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 19-08-2013 at 16:02.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-08-2013)