+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yet he says he's not even going to vote for them!!!

Who'd like to guess which way he'll go
    What do you mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why do you get so upset about a few people on bub hub venting & joking about Abbott then? Why not just let it go & let people have their own opinions & vent about what they want to, without aggressively attempting to change everybody's minds?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    What do you mean?
    Which party you will vote for.

I'll guess the "no carbon tax climate skeptics"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-08-2013),Kirst33  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Why do you get so upset about a few people on bub hub venting & joking about Abbott then? Why not just let it go & let people have their own opinions & vent about what they want to, without aggressively attempting to change everybody's minds?
    I don't get upset. I find the hypocrisy a little annoying though. It seems that the moral crusaders only get on their high horse when they can target someone on the 'other side'. It is not the principle, but the side. An example being the photo of Rudd and his candidate staring at Danni's breasts. If that had been Abbott, there would have been an uproar and been on the front page.
    Same about the 'tits of Australia' comment. If that was one of Abbott's candidates, again there would have been an uproar and it would have 'Abbott's fault'. Just like the cook's Julia dinner menu - that was apparently Abbott's fault. He says suppository, and the ABC runs it for days. Rudd says Ford whilst talking at Holden, not a peep.

People can have their opinions and vent about what they like. But I too can have my opinions and highlight hypocrisy when it is present.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My impression was that there was an uproar over 'tits of Australia' when it happened, what 14 years ago?

There's hypocrisy on both sides, you're not immune to it. Get over it or avoid the threads that annoy you.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-08-2013),beebs  (18-08-2013),BigRedV  (19-08-2013),peoniesarepretty  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You don't just share your opinions though. You aggressively ridicule & browbeat people, seemingly until they what, say "wow you've made me realise how wrong my opinions were"? Sometimes you just need to accept that people don't agree with each other.

I don't really see how anyone can think the double standards & media bias go AGAINST the Libs. News Ltd do a pretty great job of presenting exactly the opposite picture to the one you're claiming. But you see, that's a difference of OPINION we have. I'm ok with that.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-08-2013),BigRedV  (19-08-2013),ChickyBee  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't get upset. I find the hypocrisy a little annoying though. It seems that the moral crusaders only get on their high horse when they can target someone on the 'other side'. It is not the principle, but the side. An example being the photo of Rudd and his candidate staring at Danni's breasts. If that had been Abbott, there would have been an uproar and been on the front page.
    Same about the 'tits of Australia' comment. If that was one of Abbott's candidates, again there would have been an uproar and it would have 'Abbott's fault'. Just like the cook's Julia dinner menu - that was apparently Abbott's fault. He says suppository, and the ABC runs it for days. Rudd says Ford whilst talking at Holden, not a peep.

People can have their opinions and vent about what they like. But I too can have my opinions and highlight hypocrisy when it is present.
    Have we actually seen examples of where you have compared matters like for like between Abbott/Rudd... no.

^ as above, you've compared Abbotts personal comments vs Rudd being approached for a photo by a woman in a revealing top whereby one of his goons is snapped looking at her chest. That's not like for like.

Sensible well argued points would be much more sensible & respected..,

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    So memes are a valid form of political analysis now?
    If they have a particular parties name and logo on them, I think so. If the party doesn't want association, they are well within their means to get their logo taken off.

Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    I also don't think that something not pro-Abbott necessarily must automatically be Labor. I know plenty of people who are usually Liberal voters who cannot stand Abbott. Not to mention the impartial/politically ambivalent/swing voter people who also think he's a goose. A lot of them don't think much of Labor either.
    See above - the memes that I was commenting on have the labor party logo and name on them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

There is a little bit of a hilarious difference between saying "suppository" and mistaking a Ford for a Holden don't you think? I don't know about anyone else, but that suppository comment had me laughing so hard I was crying. Just perfect.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Does he or does he not have any policies? You say that he doesn't, but then ask me if I agree with 'every single one'.

Yes, the Liberal party does have policies. A policy for every aspect of current politics.

Do I agree with them all? Definitely not. I won't be putting them first on my voting card for that reason. But they will be much higher than Labor, and the Greens will be last.

I do not agree with their Direct Action policy. It is a waste of money. I do not agree with them adhering to the RET. I think the PPL scheme is too expensive when we don't have the money at the moment. There are others, but they are the big ones.
    well I have said they don't, you have said they do. Not matter what I say you argue with me?

Do you really want to discuss? or do you just want to argue? there's a difference.

Rather than just sweeping literally thousands of people who dislike Abbott under the carpet under the guise of haters, have you ever considered why so many people dislike him? step back from your liberal beliefs for a second.... why do so many people say he's a jerk? the media you may say? the libs have a firm hold on the media in Australia. I would say the only media outlet who espouses left beliefs is the abc.

Could it be that maybe, he is in fact a jerk? that women really do find him misogynist? Bc there is a pretty pervasive pattern here, not just on the forum but IRL. Maybe there is something to that?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-08-2013),beebs  (19-08-2013),Kirst33  (19-08-2013),peoniesarepretty  (19-08-2013)