+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    That is so laughable if its been genuinely put out by the labor party.

The party which changed its leader, then back again in the same period, who brought in the carbon tax without a mandate.

I'm puzzled how the leader of the opposition is in a position to change the political climate of a country. That's the job of the government. So if the political climate has changed since 2009, its the government that's responsible, not the leader of the opposition. The opposition is to try to temper it.

As for the smh piece, its pretty obvious that its satire.

BRV - I rarely get to see the news between work, kids dinner etc, but when I want news ABC 24 is a favorite. Not sure why any of that would make me of the chardy or latte crew. I'm not adverse to watching commercial tv

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Father  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    That is so laughable if its been genuinely put out by the labor party.
    Of course it hasn't! - there are heaps of these online! This is my personal fave:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376813524.222372.jpg
    See bottom right corner for source

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Of course it hasn't! - there are heaps of these online! This is my personal fave:
    Attachment 40853
    See bottom right corner for source
    That one is my favourite too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So it was extremely obvious that Carlton's article was satire, but you couldn't spot it in the chardy sipping comment or the Abbott memes doing the rounds on the internet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I do believe he does come from a very negative perspective though. Rather than proving they are the best party but allowing their policies to speak for themselves, he has a terrible habit of being really negative about the ALP and always trying to bag them out.

If Turnbull was running, of course I still wouldn't vote lib. But I wouldn't have this worried feeling in my tummy that I have every time I read something about Abbott.

I would also like to know where he's going to find the billions and billions it's going to cost paying the normal wage for PPL. I read from company tax? Just seems a silly decision to put business at risk by a lib govt? Why would he hugely increase PPL to encourage more women in the workforce, by funding it through increasing cost to business.... who obviously employ these women? We are going to end up with a higher unemployment rate, less tax revenue. It just seems a strange policy direction for the Libs?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (23-08-2013)

and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, viewing on my phone and so when I reviewed it I saw the website, but....

the fact that its got the labor party's logo and name in the bottom left corner links them to it.

The writers are obviously labor supporters, and their spin is still laughable, not because its funny about Abbott, (yes, I do cringe at his gaffes), but because it doesn't hit it's mark.

I will check out the website to see if any of their others are more clever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had to think about it for awhile, it didn't strike me as that unreasonable for Abbott to say those things. That terrifies me - and he will most likely be our next PM!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...817-2s3k0.html

Chosen for her looks and father's money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    So it was extremely obvious that Carlton's article was satire, but you couldn't spot it in the chardy sipping comment or the Abbott memes doing the rounds on the internet?
    The Abbott memes have got the partys logos and name are on the bottom right corner, so there is a link to the party. I have seen similar put out by a party before.

As for the chardy reference, my point re the ABC was to suggest we move away from categorizing people. I already wear the chardy sipping badge because I support the eagles over the dockers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Nothing wrong with Chardy sipping!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-08-2013)