+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Polls are worth a great deal. Polls have toppled 2 x Prime Ministers in the last 4 years.

People will buy/watch what they want. Maybe the ABC/SBS shows are not very good, which is why people aren't watching them.
    We live in a free society where people can choose what the read, listen to, and watch. People are not stupid and they can determine what is right and wrong in their eyes. They do not need the 'know-it-alls' to tell them what they should and shouldn't be listening to. Maybe your views would be better suited to a country such as North Korea.
    So on one hand you say people vote according to polls, but that on the other hand you say they're not stupid?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Polls are worth a great deal. Polls have toppled 2 x Prime Ministers in the last 4 years.

People will buy/watch what they want. Maybe the ABC/SBS shows are not very good, which is why people aren't watching them.
    We live in a free society where people can choose what the read, listen to, and watch. People are not stupid and they can determine what is right and wrong in their eyes. They do not need the 'know-it-alls' to tell them what they should and shouldn't be listening to. Maybe your views would be better suited to a country such as North Korea.
    Have you never heard of advertising and spin? That is the reason people watch what they watch.

You would never class yourself as a Know all would you Father? I mean - after all, you know so much more about the environment than most of the worlds climate scientist.

As to North Korea - you are the conservative - not me

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Do you not find it interesting that as people get older and wiser, that they tend to be more likely to vote for the Liberal party?
    Don't you find it interesting that the more educated someone is, the more likely they will vote left wing?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-08-2013),HappyBovinexx  (17-08-2013),just her chameleon  (18-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    So on one hand you say people vote according to polls, but that on the other hand you say they're not stupid?
    That doesn't make any sense, considering polls are a reflection of how people state they intend to vote, they don't tell people how to vote
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 18-08-2013 at 23:10.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (17-08-2013)

and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Don't you find it interesting that the more educated someone is, the more likely they will vote left wing?
    Can you explain how you figure that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Been reading some studies. Seems that the majority of studies on the subject are actually finding that people with higher IQs tend to be Liberal (as in Left) and those with lower tend to be conservative- those studies include both UK and America. Haven't found any done in Australia yet. ANd of course, I realise that this is not always the case - but it did make me laugh and remember when I flicked onto ACA once, and it had this bogan Westie queen sitting in a blow up raft screaming "illegals go home, they come over here, steal our jobs" blah blah - hilarious. It was all about how she was going to be voting libs come next election.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...-conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Can you explain how you figure that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is Tony Abbott a complete moron??

Yes, otherwise known as the Aussie Bush

Thanks
    Reviews
    I won't reveal my IQ then . I do find it amusing that liberal in the UK isn't the same as liberal here.

PS Del, we're not polar opposites in all areas. :P
    Oh and Was interesting to hear rob Schneider on hack thus week. (he was in series one of gbtwycf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It was an American study - so they were talking in general terms of "Liberalism" - UK included.

I just thought it was interesting.

I won't reveal my IQ then . I do find it amusing that liberal in the UK isn't the same as liberal here.

PS Del, we're not polar opposites in all areas. :P
    Oh and Was interesting to hear rob Schneider on hack thus week. (he was in series one of gbtwycf

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I only skim read the article but are they talking about "liberal" with a capital "L" or lowercase "L"? The Liberal Democrats in the UK was initially set up as the 'in between' party - somewhere in between the Labour party and the Tories. However, since the Labour party shifted so far to the right the Lib Dems are probably more left wing on many issues than the Labour party.

Of course I don't have to tell you Peg but I'll include for the sake of completeness that the Libs in Australia are actually the conservative party (ie, the opposite of the meaning of liberal). Both major Australian parties need dictionaries.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-08-2013)