+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Father, you do understand that this thread is about the inappropriate ramblings of Tony Abbot don't you? It is not about whether Fiona Scott will win her seat or not..

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to babycake For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (17-08-2013),Atropos  (17-08-2013),beebs  (17-08-2013),Busy-Bee  (17-08-2013),FiveInTheBed  (17-08-2013),Lauzy83  (17-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Momkey View Post
    They're all as bad and as stupid as each other! Mark Lathams comments were just as bad if not worse! I don't get how they can say such stupid things! Aren't they constantly thinking about winning voters whilst on the election campaign?? I just don't get it! I'd also much prefer Malcolm turnbull! I don't think it matters that he is wealthy. Aren't the rudds super wealthy too? Well she is anyway!
    Mark Latham is not running for anything, so is not on the campaign trail. Yes his comments were ridiculous, but he has NOTHING to do with the Labor party or their campaign. Most people just ignore him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Sex appeal wins!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ion?CMP=twt_gu

It seems that the bubhub community as a whole may be a little out of touch with the real world.
    It seems you are 'out of touch' with the point of this thread. Where did anyone say she would or wouldn't win her seat?? I hope that if she DOES win it, it's a win for her policy, education and promises to western Sydney, but thanks to Abbott (and apparently, people like yourself) any win for her will be a win attributed to her looks.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-08-2013),BigRedV  (17-08-2013),HollyGolightly81  (17-08-2013),Stiflers Mom  (17-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (17-08-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    *sigh* Abbott's charming asylum seeker policy?

Under the new plan, about 32,000 asylum seekers already in Australia on bridging visas or in other forms of detention will be denied residency and will be stripped of the right to appeal against failed refugee status rulings.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-1...day-12/4891004

The thing is that this would most likely go to court where it would most likely be ruled against - as I believe similar instances have done so in the past. Tony Abbott is not just a moron, he thing WE are morons. As a lawyer he should KNOW that his policy / the coalition's policy has questionable legal grounds. If it goes to court and it loses then he can say it's out of his hands, if he wins then he wins. Either way it'll be a win for him.
    Last edited by Busy-Bee; 17-08-2013 at 09:09. Reason: Missed an apostrophe!!!!! Self flagellation is obviously in order.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-08-2013),HollyGolightly81  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    *sigh* Abbott's charming asylum seeker policy?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-1...day-12/4891004

The thing is that this would most likely go to court where it would most likely be ruled against - as I believe similar instances have done so in the past. Tony Abbott is not just a moron, he thing WE are morons. As a lawyer he should KNOW that his policy / the coalitions policy has questionable legal grounds. If it goes to court and it loses then he can say it's out of his hands, if he wins then he wins. Either way it'll be a win for him.
    Neither party has a satisfactory policy on refugees and both seem of questionable legality IMO. Abbots continual stop the boats prating though... They aren't even trying to portray it compassionately!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-08-2013),Ffrenchknickers  (17-08-2013),HollyGolightly81  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    It seems you are 'out of touch' with the point of this thread. Where did anyone say she would or wouldn't win her seat?? I hope that if she DOES win it, it's a win for her policy, education and promises to western Sydney, but thanks to Abbott (and apparently, people like yourself) any win for her will be a win attributed to her looks.
    To answer your first question. Nowhere.

It is quite a turnaround in that seat.

So you think that if she wins it's because of her looks??? Do you really think Australian people are that stupid?

The point I was making was that the bizarrely generated outrage at Abbott's comments has not had the desired negative effect on his standing.
    If anything, the outrage for the sake of outrage may have actually made people support him more. The sanctimonious vs the normal.

In my opinion, people are sick of the offence takers taking offence. I know I definitely am.

Maybe something else that you can all take offence to - Rudd stole a chip!!!! Disgusting. Who does he think he is??? (Sarcastic tone).
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/spec...-1226698421167

Looking forward to the next whinge about nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Steve Price come on down, if you aren't Steve Price - you are doing a brilliant job of impersonating him.

Not really a whinge about nothing, we have here an opposition that is going into an election with no policy and NO costings. That is a pretty big deal, the fact that it doesn't bother you speaks volumes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Not really a whinge about nothing, we have here an opposition that is going into an election with no policy and NO costings. That is a pretty big deal, the fact that it doesn't bother you speaks volumes.
    If they have no policy, then I'm sure you won't be complaining about anything. You must be happy with what they will do with asylum seekers (as they have no policy). You must be happy with what they will do with the carbon tax (as they have no policy). You must be happy with what will happen with the NBN (as they have no policy). And since they have no policy, then why would they need costings?

On a side note, it's a bit hard to do accurate costings when the budget numbers change more than $30 billion dollars every 10 weeks or so. The PEFO only came out a few days ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Steve Price come on down, if you aren't Steve Price - you are doing a brilliant job of impersonating him.
    These sorts of comments are amazing ignorant and arrogant. For you to assume that there must only be one person that has these sort of views (in this case Steve Price, who I haven't heard comment on it) is bizarre. I look forward to you seeing the election results, so that you can see how many people actually share these views enough that they will vote for a party who you despise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to get a hat-trick of posts. But I would suggest that Labor doesn't really have any policies going to the election (and have admitted not having many costed, ie. Rudd's NT tax plan which Labor laughed at when suggested by Abbott). Their current policy on asylum seekers is 'all over the place'. As is their carbon tax plan. As is their FBT plan and car manufacturing plan. There has been attempted policy generated on the run, with each unraveling very quickly.
    As least people understand what an Abbott government would do. I have no idea what Rudd would end up doing. I don't think he has really grasped what his plan is either.