+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I am so wild!!!

As many regulars probably know my exH and I have a very good co parenting relationship. The only stipulation I've ever had is that his GF (who was my best friend he had an affair with while I was 5 months pregnant with our second) is not to look after my boys on her own. This isn't just a spiteful, controlling request. She used to tell me things she did to her step son (rubbed his face in pee cos he kept dribbling on the floor, tipped his dinner on his head cos he was taking too long to finish. Etc.). I also witnessed her really belittling and speaking to him like a dog. Mentally and emotionally abusing him.

My other friend and I felt really terrible about not stepping in sooner. But regardless I've asked that he not have my boys with her alone. Obviously she is regularly around them with him and I don't have any issue with that, nor have I told him how to parent or anything else - just that one point alone.

Well today he decided to leave them with her while he went to uni. Tonight is usually my night anyway but he said he could watch them cos I was sick. Which I thought was wonderful. Now I'm absolutely seething with him and just so upset. I'm sure she wound t hurt them in that time. They don't live together so it would be more like a little babysitting thing. Bit I'm missing those kids like crazy and to find out she has them on MY night has made my blood boil. My mum or sisters could've watched them. If I knew he was busy I wouldn't have accepted his offer to have them....

Sorry just ex venting - which doesn't happen often.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 13-08-2013 at 19:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be upset too. Purely on the basis of that knowledge of what she was like with other children.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (13-08-2013),HugsBunny  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Lover View Post
    I would be upset too. Purely on the basis of that knowledge of what she was like with other children.
    Yep that's exactly why I feel that way. If I knew nothing about her or a future girlfriend I'd just suck it up and accept its' his choice. But my exH is fully aware and at the time equally as shocked by her behaviour. He seems to have 'forgotten' that though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's absolutely disgusting behaviour, I'd much rather someone refuse to watch my child than have anyone treat him that way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScaryMissMary For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What the?

Your feelings are absolutely justified. I wouldnt want her anywhere near my children either.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Yep that's exactly why I feel that way. If I knew nothing about her or a future girlfriend I'd just suck it up and accept its' his choice. But my exH is fully aware and at the time equally as shocked by her behaviour. He seems to have 'forgotten' that though.
    Gosh.. Can't fault you guys for your fantastic co-parenting.. But really?!? How convenient of him to "forget" about what happened... Is he not at all concerned about his kids with her?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh gosh, you poor thing, you must be sick with worry. I'd be seething too. Hopefully its not the start of many occasions where he decides its okay to leave your boys with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    oh gosh, you poor thing, you must be sick with worry. I'd be seething too. Hopefully its not the start of many occasions where he decides its okay to leave your boys with her.
    I have them back with me now. They were going to spend the night with him but I asked for their return. So glad to have my little monkeys

I've made it very clear to him that he has made a very bad decision and I'm no longer willing to be so accommodating.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (14-08-2013),HearMeRoar  (13-08-2013),HugsBunny  (14-08-2013),Pesca77  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I have them back with me now. They were going to spend the night with him but I asked for their return. So glad to have my little monkeys

I've made it very clear to him that he has made a very bad decision and I'm no longer willing to be so accommodating.
    So glad to hear they are back with you now. What a relief. Funny how he has conveniently forgotten how awful she has been to her partners children in the past.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I know. The people who knew him and her are completely amazed by it. He honestly used to be a very level headed, mature, responsible, caring person. It's like overnight he had a personality transplant. She's never been well liked (I genuinely liked her though - she's very funny) and its like the mismatch of the century. I can still very clearly recall conversations we had sometimes after being in hers and her then husbands company (she has her own kids too). My ex would regularly declare 'thank god she's not my wife, I don't know how he puts up with her.'

I've reminded him of this early in the separation and he says she's changed. I've known this girl for 16 years. Trust me .... She doesn't 'change' for long. I actually hope she has changed in regards to how she treats other children in her care (she never once treated her own children this way. Just her step son, hence my worry).

I know there is nothing I can do but I really wish there was. A part of me wishes the two of them would relocate overseas ... But my boys would miss their daddy so much. Without her involvement he really is an amazing dad and I'm glad my boys have him. I wish I could set him up with one of my lovely single friends. A nice one. Imagine that

Thanks everyone for responding. I seldom vent about him because I think he is a good person - it's the sidekick that's the problem.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 13-08-2013 at 21:40.