+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone been told the gender at 12 weeks?

Hi Guys,

I had my 12 week scan which told me I was having a boy. I have kept all my receipts but I am interested to hear everyone else's experiences about if they were told genders at 12 weeks and if they were correct or not!
    Will find out in 2 weeks at my 20 week scan if I have to return all of the clothes hehehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We asked and the dr looked but couldn't tell. She explained the 'nub' needed to be pointing up for a boy and down for a girl and ours was directly in the middle--so no luck for us! We'll find out at our 16 week scan.

ETA: we have a couple friends that were told at 12 weeks and were right but they were told not to tell anyone until it was fully confirmed at a later scan.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Moniethebest  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have known a few people who got told the sex at 12 weeks... Only one was right at the 20 week scan. Generally it's too early to get a definite answer, although easier with boys than it is with girls.

Hope he is still a boy in 2 weeks so you don't need to exchange your purchases

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only asked with baby number 3 for the gender at 12 week scan and it was correct- girl

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks guys! Will be interesting to see at my 20 week scan! Hope everyone's pregnancies are going well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I guessed at my 12wk scan by looking at the nub shot. I thought girl. This was confirmed at my 20wk scan. However I knew two ladies who were told girl at their 20wk scan only to have boys. Ill be getting a scan at 30wks just to make sure.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app