+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default pregnant and scared

Hello everyone!!
    Im here looking for some advice/words of wisdom.
    Im at 26 year old woman who just foubd out is pregnant.. I live with my parents and have been unemployed for the past year.. I currently only have a small amount of money am in debt about $6000.( I need to sort my life out before I have this baby). The dad doeant want to be involved and I dont want to aborte. I am going to try get a job and save money.. I dont want government help. Has anyone else been in this situation and how did yoy deal with it? Thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on your pregnancy and trying to sort everything out before your bub arrives
    As far as not excepting government benefits, if that's what it takes to support your child then I would take them. You won't be entitled to paid parental leave or maternity leave from an employer so family assistance and parenting payment might be needed to get you through financially.
    Best of luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

babyinside  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi there, congrats on your pregnancy and your positive attitude to get sorted before bub comes. Definitely try to get a job (even if its outside of what you really want to do). Will you continue to live with your parents once bub arrives? This may say you a lot of rent etc. start keeping your eye out for people wanting to pass all their baby stuff on or sell it cheap 2nd hand. And sit down with someone who is finance savvy to help you how to save for bub and pay your debts off. Best of luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

babyinside  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the reply.. will be job seeking starting now.. im worried about telling my parents..may leave that for a month