+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 18 month Sleep Regression and teething aaahhhH!!!!

Hi everyone,
    My normally placid, sleep-loving 18.5month old has suddenly morphed into THAT child - the cranky, whingy and constantly frustrated and bored child...
    She seriously has never been affected by teething as much as now - I believe her canines are cutting through and with them, all our nerves!!
    Have you had some serious sleep regression combined with teething problems when the canines hit too?!?!!!
    She goes to sleep ok at 7pm, (usually with Neurofen in her to combat pain from the canines) but will wake crying/whinging at about 11pm and be awake on and off up to 5-7 times until about 3am...my DH and I both work full time and its seriously causing us some grief..not to mention the poor bubba who wakes up cranky due to the disturbed sleep and we resort to putting her down for her daytime nap much quicker as she cant last till her normal 12pm time slot...
    When she's up we normally try to settle her by patting her back or gently shooshing her, and other times she'll just cry/whinge and settle herself fairly quickly - until the next outburst...even though we dont get up to her during those short bursts necessarily, the sleep is well and truly disrupted nevertheless...
    Any words of advice? support?!! tell me this too will pass? and WHEN?!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 19 month old has been doing similar, and then all of a sudden his shoes didn't fit and his clothes shrunk almost overnight. I think it was a combo of teething and a growth spurt together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If Nurofen is helping her fall asleep then why not give her another dose when she wakes at about 11, might help her settle and sleep through.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby Girl For This Useful Post:

moongazer  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why not try an amber bracelet or necklace? You just never know, they might work for your little one. I think amber bracelets are safer, they can sleep with them as an anklet instead of a bracelet. Needs to be genuine baltic amber, and costs about $15 or so. Like I said, you never know it could help