+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't recall anything that angers me as such; I don't really allow idiots to get under my skin... but I've had a few comments that leave me speechless...

-a few people asking me if my kids are from different fathers (one looks like his dad, the other 2 look like me),
    -one comment with a *I'm feeling sorry for you* tone of voice- "oh, is his dad Lebanese?".. no, just has brown eyes and brown hair, and what would it matter anyway???
    - a little old lady looking at me and my toddler shaking her head saying "gah, you people just keep getting younger and younger don't you!" (she told me I must have been 16. I was 21).
    - people often asking me if I know their dad, if they know their dad, if they still see their dad... I have to point put that I was MARRIED, then all seems ok in their books.
    - then usually straight after that ^^^ question I get "oh, that's great, he's so good for sticking around", like he's some kind of hero just for seeing his kids. Actually that one does anger me, as I get it sooo often.

Stoopid people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get awful comments and dirty looks when I would take my siblings out. I was 13 when the youngest was born and once I started driving I used to do the school run for my mum and the parents at the school were like children with the looks and the whispers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get the looks all the time! It's sad especially when I'm at Coles or woollies holding the hands of a 4 & 6 year old & pregnant. It's ridiculous. I'm 31, but I'm little & prob don't really dress my age outside work & I too get asked for Id buying dh beer! It's worse if the kids play up or are pestering me for chocolate or something the looks "errrr young mum, no discipline, out of control kids, blah, blah"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    I used to get awful comments and dirty looks when I would take my siblings out. I was 13 when the youngest was born and once I started driving I used to do the school run for my mum and the parents at the school were like children with the looks and the whispers
    My daughter (same 13 nearly 14 year old as mentioned above) and I used to laugh about the looks she got when she was with bub. I never thought anyone would actually say anything though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I get the opposite but equally as cr@ppy assumption. DH and I married at 22 and when we announced our engagement there was no "wow congrats exciting" just "see I told you she would be next to fall pregnant". Our own family assumed we would not be marrying for something so silly as love!! *rolls eyes*
    All the time when people hear that I'm married it never takes them long to ask how old my children, and they're always surprised when I tell them we have not had any!!
    Why must people assume that a young marriage means kids!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Strangers always assume I'm a single mum simply because I choose not to wear my wedding ring. I knock them flat when I tell them I've been married 17 yrs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op.
    My mother in law had my husband very young, she is in her 50's now but looks not a day over 40.
    Not that long ago my husband took our daughter out for lunch with his mum.
    A couple at the cafe actually had the balls to go over to my husband and my mother in law and lecture them about raising a child together with such a "disgraceful age gap"
    Dh let them have their rant and then told them that it was none of their business, but because they made it their business he would like to inform them that this was his mother, and the child was her granddaughter.
    Apparently a few people in the cafe (who had been listening) actually clapped!

For me, I look after my grandmother who has dementia, I have power of attorney over her as she is in no way of sound of mind to make decisions, do banking etc. she is in her late 80's so she has been house bound for awhile.
    I'm always running a round at the shops, running errands etc.
    one of those errands is her smoke run.
    I usually always have dd with me and once when I went up to buy a carton of cigarets I had one lady go on and on about the dangers of smoking with a child, which I know she most likely just had her best interest at heart but she was the service desk lady! I just found it really bad customer service and she was rather rude when saying it.
    Wouldn't let me get a word in and treated me like the scum of the earth! Dd is allergic to eggs and had a reaction only a few days before which landed us in hospital, so she had a bad after rash all over her face (she gets this every time after a reaction) and the lady was going on and on about how my smoking caused it and that I should have more consideration for a child who can't make decisions of her own
    When I told her I was getting them for my grandmother and that my daughter is not exposed to the smoke she gave me a look as if to say "sure you are"
    It just made me so angry!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    Op.
    My mother in law had my husband very young, she is in her 50's now but looks not a day over 40.
    Not that long ago my husband took our daughter out for lunch with his mum.
    A couple at the cafe actually had the balls to go over to my husband and my mother in law and lecture them about raising a child together with such a "disgraceful age gap"
    Dh let them have their rant and then told them that it was none of their business, but because they made it their business he would like to inform them that this was his mother, and the child was her granddaughter.
    Apparently a few people in the cafe (who had been listening) actually clapped!

For me, I look after my grandmother who has dementia, I have power of attorney over her as she is in no way of sound of mind to make decisions, do banking etc. she is in her late 80's so she has been house bound for awhile.
    I'm always running a round at the shops, running errands etc.
    one of those errands is her smoke run.
    I usually always have dd with me and once when I went up to buy a carton of cigarets I had one lady go on and on about the dangers of smoking with a child, which I know she most likely just had her best interest at heart but she was the service desk lady! I just found it really bad customer service and she was rather rude when saying it.
    Wouldn't let me get a word in and treated me like the scum of the earth! Dd is allergic to eggs and had a reaction only a few days before which landed us in hospital, so she had a bad after rash all over her face (she gets this every time after a reaction) and the lady was going on and on about how my smoking caused it and that I should have more consideration for a child who can't make decisions of her own
    When I told her I was getting them for my grandmother and that my daughter is not exposed to the smoke she gave me a look as if to say "sure you are"
    It just made me so angry!
    Omg...did you make a complaint to the Store Manager...that sounds so infuriating!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 19 yo sister loved carrying ds and got many rude comments.

I have a birth mark on my neck and its unbelievable how many people (usually old men) who don't believe me when they ask me if its a hickey. Because yes I love to show a great example to my toddler and walk around with hickeys
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 13-08-2013 at 15:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    Omg...did you make a complaint to the Store Manager...that sounds so infuriating!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    No I personally didn't, I was in a rush and gobsmacked!
    It really didn't hit me until I got home that night and I actually had a good cry about it (I do not do well with confrontation and I get shaken up easily)
    My husband was furious and went in to see the store manager the next day.
    Who was rather nice and very apologetic.
    I don't go there anymore (this was a couple of years ago)
    I now go to a shopping center where everyone knows of my grandmother and our situation so when I go into shops they just ask if I'm there for the usual
    Which is great now and I use to have issues at the chemist with filling out authority scripts for a haul of prescription pain meds and all sorts of apparent "fun" drugs for her.
    I would have troubles with them not wanting to fill the script unless my grandmother was there (which they can't legally do) and power of attorney doesn't mean much to them.
    I would have troubles with the bank too... All sorts of crap really so now I just stick to the one shopping center.
    The local woollies even puts away the smokes for us as they seem to run out and know I always come in on a Friday for them.
    One of the ladies at woollies even delivered the smokes one week after her shift as I was caught up in hospital with dd.
    it's a big thing for my nan, if she doesn't get her smokes every Friday she goes a bit batty

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (13-08-2013)