+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help with a situation at work

Hi guys,

You may have to bear with me, I'm going to try to be vague so I don't get busted.

Some things have gone on at work lately. I've been moved from my office to somewhere else in the building. I was told it wasn't personal and it wasn't just happening to me.

Well I feel like I'm being treated as though I am being demoted... (thats not even possible anyway) but I feel like I've done something wrong and Im the only one who doesn't know what.

For instance someone just walked in to my bosses office and asked why I was moved and now his door is shut and they are obviously talking about it. I mean the person asking isnt even and higher up than I am...

My boss is a power hungry c#&%! But I've always put up with it but Im feeling quite alienated to be honest.

Would you talk to you bosses superior to as the the way he is dealing with this? Im nervous about doing that but I don't even want to be at work anymore, maybe its pregnancy hormones but I just want to cry most of the day. I used to love my job, now I feel like I have no choice but to show up everyday.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi mybubbajack, do you have a hr person.?? someone who can answer your questions, or someone who can tell you about your performance reports?? perhaps there is something going on, perhaps it is just coincidence that you have been moved at this time. I would not do anything without thinking about it carefully. Dont talk about it to just anyone, make sure the person you speak with can help you, or give you advice, that will not be harmful to your postion. Baby hormones can seriously affect your judgement, so try not to make any quick decisions. marie.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    are you in a union?

is there a hr dept?

is there a 3rd party you can talk to?

do you feel confident enough to directly ask your boss?

did anyone else get moved?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you asked your boss directly and discussed your concerns? I'd say that's the first step..?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Have you asked your boss directly and discussed your concerns? I'd say that's the first step..?
    I agree, first step is your boss.
    If no joy comes from that, then I'd go to your bosses manager.
    I'd be inclined to ask for an informal chat, going to HR only tends to get people on edge.
    IMO, it's best to try and see what's going on before going to HR.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do they know you are pregnant? If so, do you think this has contributed to the situation?

If you have a HR person, start with hem to 'vaguely' find out how to deal with an 'issue'. And then approach your boss as I suspect they will direct you to them first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely discuss the issue with your boss and if it isn't resolved or you're not happy with his response, go to your HR person and see what they say. If you're not happy with them, go to their boss. Just keep climbing until you get the answer you're looking for.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone. I really did not want to go to HR. I spoke with my boss who assured me that there is nothing wrong and that he would have told me if there was. I should have known this all along so now I feel a little silly.

I think I just have so much going on in my personal life, plus being pregnant, I am starting to over-analyse everything way to much.

My boss can be a d*&^%bag but sometimes I forget hes anything but mean.

Thank you ladies, I hate confronting people about anything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBubbaJack View Post
    Thank you everyone. I really did not want to go to HR. I spoke with my boss who assured me that there is nothing wrong and that he would have told me if there was. I should have known this all along so now I feel a little silly.

I think I just have so much going on in my personal life, plus being pregnant, I am starting to over-analyse everything way to much.

My boss can be a d*&^%bag but sometimes I forget hes anything but mean.

Thank you ladies, I hate confronting people about anything!
    So glad you spoke up and eased your mind hope you feel more at peace now