+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    mumbron is offline Actions speak louder than words!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think she is one very talented girl, I don't really think she needs to be judged because of her age or costume!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mumbron For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Totally age inapropriate and I felt uncomfortable watch the crotch thrusting.

But my god that girl can dance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    After reading the comments first I honestly expected it to be so much worse... I don't see anything wrong with it... :-/ she's at a dance competition completing a routine and playing a part. If she was out at a party then I could understand why it would be inappropriate but I don't really see an issue with this. She's an amazing dancer and if she's happy and enjoying herself then good on her. The only thing I can see that I wouldn't do it put it up on a public sharing site. If it was my daughter I would've kept it to the competition and if I wanted to share it with family and friends then put it up privately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Wow she's an amazing dancer. Honestly I did ballroom dancing for 13 years and the latin outfits I wore at competitions were just as revealing. I also did the rumba - dance of love- and quite obviously it was all in character. It's just in costume. I also had a full face of make-up and head of hairspray. Not to mention fake tan, nails & eyelashes. Those things were only worn for competitions - not in my every day life. It's just a costume.
    ^^ this

I was a competition dancer at that age too. There is no way my parents would let me leave the house looking like that for a party or anything, but for dance competition it is all a requirement. The revealing outfits are not meant for shock value or sex appeal, they are to allow the judges a clear view of posture and muscle tone.

I would have no issue with my 5yo dressing and dancing like that FOR A DANCING COMPETITION.

View it in context people.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to steel magnolia For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It just doesn't look right on a ten yo....the clothes that is. She could have still pulled it off in more suitable clothing and I think the song was cr@p too. It all could have been done far more tasteful than that imo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! She is an amazing dancer. I'm not a big fan of hip hop in general but she definatly got that style of dancing down pat. I started watching other clips of her dancing other routines ( she also has ballet and modern dance clips) and was blown away by how amazing she is. Her "total eclipse of the heart" dance was breath taking.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (13-08-2013)