+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It isn't *****ing. It is seriously getting worried about the way our society sexualises children. It is a far bigger issues than just this one video - but that is a prime example of it. And as parents - we should be the ones protecting our kids from such things, although it is quite clear that some people think it is perfectly acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Pink View Post
    Why start a thread about her if you find her dance/dress so inappropriate? I'm not sure what drives someone to gossip about someone else's child and judge them so harshly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Honestly? I don't find it disturbing.

I see a talented little girl dancing her heart out and owning her routine.

There were a few moves at the start of the routine that were a bit 'adult', but as a whole I really think she is just emulating the kind of modern hip hop dancing seen in film clips today.

Would I be okay with it if she was my daughter? Not entirely. I'd want a few of the more adult moves toned down or removed from the routine, and I'd insist on a more modest costume.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (13-08-2013),Lauzy83  (13-08-2013),mumbron  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    Wow she can dance! But yes inappropriate for a 10 yo!
    This exactly ^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I definitely think the song choice and lyrics (the parts I could make out) were highly inappropriate and irrelevant for a ten year old, and also some of the choreography. She certainly seemed older than ten.

I think probably a good way to judge is have your daughter dance in front of her dad (or uncle or pop) first and if they think its inappropriate and feel awkward watching it then it is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh Lord, was that supposed to be hip hop? Pulease. Good dancing - yeah - good hip hop? Hella no! WTF is wrong with people? Here is some actual good hip hop done by a girl who looks about 5.

Wow - not one bump and grind move in there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13pimzdet3w

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

kw123  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It worries me that someone directed her to do the hip thrusting movements. I think the rest of the routine was fine.

But it disturbs me that an adult choreographed that dance, an adult decided to film it and upload it onto the internet. I'm really hope she doesn't *get* it. I doubt she would, she's so young.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow, this kid is amazing! She's mesmerising and so, so talented!
    I, myself, don't see a great deal wrong with it, but can definitely see what people wouldn't like.
    My niece is her age, she dances similar to this in competitions, she has trophies galore. After her concerts, she plays with her toys and is very much a child. Her dancing doesn't involve the same thrusting moves, but is very high energy with short shorts (which I think are cute - whole other thread there though) and make-up, etc..

Watched it again while thinking of what to write, I still love it. I'd be thrilled if my kid was that fit and coordinated!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

MamaDuck  (13-08-2013),steel magnolia  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I saw a lot of Beyoncé type moves in there (and I don't even watch music videos )

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is one of the girls in that show on foxtel "dancing mums" (I think it's called).
    There is so much pressure on these kids, it's very disturbing and sad!
    Same as that baby modelling show. I think it's appalling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Oh Lord, was that supposed to be hip hop? Pulease. Good dancing - yeah - good hip hop? Hella no! WTF is wrong with people? Here is some actual good hip hop done by a girl who looks about 5.

Wow - not one bump and grind move in there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13pimzdet3w
    Aw how cute, shes really good, they are both great