+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know why people are surprised with this. It's Becoming more and more normal these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jagamoe View Post
    http://youtu.be/XcI9xYuFrtI

This is the same girl very tallented but don't like the work choreography or outfit choice.
    See that I thought was amazing. Im not denying she is talented. She dances well beyond her years

I just thought the other dance was utterly sexualised. Theres no need. Shes so talented.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Sooo children wanting to dance = them being dressed like prostitutes and acting all sexy like a stripper in a club.

Gotcha. Didnt realise thats the low dancing had sunk too.....heres me thinking there were many other alternatives!!

No not at all. There's plenty of other types of dance that they can do I agree. I'm not a fan of the type of dance or costume myself - I'm just saying I understand that she is in 'costume' and could quite possibly walk off stage and still be a normal kid. I see kids walking around the streets these days in shorts that short (again it's not something I personally approve of) so I'm thinking it's more the way she is dancing that's the issue??

If she had cute pink leggings in and her tummy covered would it affect people in the same way?? I dunno. She is doing a style of dance that she is amazing at and there's another clip where you can see the same girl doing a short stunt of ballet type dancing.

And not a single stripper I've ever seen in a club looks or moves like that. They are in underwear and strike poses. I get people feel it's inappropriate - but I'm pretty sure some of the outfits I (and my fellow ballroom dancers) wore would've started a thread too back in the day. I had a split down the middle of my chest to my belly button and another split right up to my thigh. I was the most under sexualised person around. Didn't even have a boyfriend until I was 17 and wouldn't have had the faintest about any of that stuff.

I guess I'm more seeing the talent than the adult understanding of inappropriateness behind it??!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

MamaDuck  (13-08-2013),singlemumma82  (12-08-2013),SoThisIsLove  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    I don't know why people are surprised with this. It's Becoming more and more normal these days.
    I'm not suprised. I've seen many of these controversial dance videos so I know it is becoming far more common. I'm still question why the teachers/parents would allow it.

The outfit is more confronting because of the moves. DS does gymnastics at the moment so I'm used to seeing little girls in similar things at training.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-08-2013),ProudMumma34  (12-08-2013),SoThisIsLove  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As a mother of a 10 year old daughter who partake in this sort of dancing I agree 100% with Theboys&me.

Yes those shorts are very short but just as a gymnast wears a leotard dancers wear short shorts so judges can get clear view of their leg movement, same as a ballerina again wearing a leotard, it is part of the sport.

To my knowledge hip hop has only recently became a recognised dance art, as many of you would know too these moves are part of that culture, my own innocent little girl who still plays barbies can chest pump and crump with the best of them, she's top of her class in hip hop with trophies to prove it, but if you where to meet her in person she is the shyest, sweetest, normal 10 year old.

If you don't like hip hop dancing all I can suggest is don't watch it, what else do we do, ban girls from being able to dance in a way they chose?

You should see some of the outfits and moves of contemporary dancers, but wow, they are truly amazing dancers! It's a sport like any other!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

MamaDuck  (13-08-2013),mumbron  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jagamoe View Post
    http://youtu.be/XcI9xYuFrtI

This is the same girl very tallented but don't like the work choreography or outfit choice.
    That one is a lot more tasteful.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow she can dance! But yes inappropriate for a 10 yo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    But thats the thing, shes 10. She shouldnt be "acting out" that kind of persona.

Let kids be kids for goodness sake.

( not aimed at u but this kind of thing infuriates me. Maybe because I have a daughter)

Hopefully it's just 'acting' though with very little understanding of the suggestive nature.

10mins of watching Video Hits on a Saturday morning & they would see 3 film clips exactly like this though =( So can't be sure that a young girl wouldn't start to think this was 'normal'.

I'm very against the over sexualisation of girls!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-08-2013),SoThisIsLove  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Pink View Post
    Why start a thread about her if you find her dance/dress so inappropriate? I'm not sure what drives someone to gossip about someone else's child and judge them so harshly.
    Uncalled for.

As a parent of a daughter it concerns me. Whats so wrong about that?

And im not judging the child. Its the adults responsible that im judging.

Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 12-08-2013 at 23:57.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-08-2013),JungleMum  (13-08-2013),LoveLivesHere  (13-08-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If that's considered gossip then you gotta say that about more than half of the threads on this forum.

And seriously what kibd of reaction would you expect to a video like that? All positive??

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-08-2013),SoThisIsLove  (13-08-2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast