+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default does this sound dodgy?

A lovely friend of mine who i went to school with, called me this arvo. She sent out invites to her 30th birthday party for this coming sat night 6 weeks ago but only just realized she still had my invite in her bag....and would i like to come. Is it just me or does that sound a bit dodgy?
    she's a lovely friend, not at all the dodgy type, but i just cant help thinking ive been plain forgotten and out of guilt been invited at last minute. Anyway, i sort of felt a bit ****ty at the time and said i was already going out (of course im not). She kept apologizing over and over.
    i guess im just disappointed and i'll get over it.
    What do other's think? it's probably just me, right?
    Last edited by B00ts; 12-08-2013 at 20:33.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That sounds exactly like something I would do. Not dodgy at all. She would have just assumed she'd given it to you. Tbh I think it's a bit silly for you to have said you have plans- even if she had forgotten to invite you, who cares? She obviously really wants you there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have one this too. I am hopeless like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would have felt so awkward going if i was 'forgotten about' - if that was the case. oh silly me.....watch big brother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely something I would do. I recently took a dear friend out for drinks because I had forgotten her birthday after a few vinos she fessed up that this was actually the 2nd year in a row I'd forgotten - she'd told her partner she wasn't going to bring it up and make me feel bad but after a few couldn't help herself

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B00ts View Post
    i would have felt so awkward going if i was 'forgotten about' - if that was the case. oh silly me.....watch big brother.
    I always forget to invite my own DP to things! I'm sure she didn't forget *about* you, she just forgot to invite you, if that makes sense? Like she assumed all along that you would be going, but forgot to actually tell YOU!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd give her the benefit of the doubt honestly, leaving an invite in my bag/car/desk at work is something I would totally do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have friends who claim that our invite got 'lost in the mail' for their son's birthday two years in a row and texted us a week before to see if we are coming. They are terribly disorganized so I have no doubt they never posted it but we like them and don't take it personally!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have my DD's cousin's birthday present sitting in my cupboard. It's wrapped and ready.

His birthday was New Years Day.

So... um... I suck at this stuff and that could so be me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hrmm, ok but if you're writing out say, 70 invites, you send them all at once, right? why was mine still in her bag? and found 6 weeks later, 5 days before the event?