+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How much formula does a 10 month old need?

My 10 months old DD won't take any fomula during the day anymore. We try to sneak in 50ml during breakfast and she will drink 12ml on the mid of the night and that's it.
    She won't take any any other time.
    Is that normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It depends on the child - I found that by ten months DS dropped his day bottles as he was eating a lot but still drank 200ml as soon as he woke up and about the same at night before bed - how well is he eating and do you offer bottle first thing in the morning?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

tubster  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is a week off 10 months and is still on 4-5 bottles a day (roughly 900ml), but he's taking his time with solids (doing really well though).
    I couldn't imagine him drinking that little though!

When do you offer milk? As soon as he's up in the morning or solids first?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

tubster  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    It depends on the child - I found that by ten months DS dropped his day bottles as he was eating a lot but still drank 200ml as soon as he woke up and about the same at night before bed - how well is he eating and do you offer bottle first thing in the morning?
    She's LOVES solids sometimes eats more then my 2.5 year old. I don't even know when to stop with her because she never seem to show signs of fullness when it comes to solids. She eats fruit, drinks water, eat her 3 meals.
    I offer her milk first thing but she never took that morning bottle, so I try again at morning tea then afternoon tea and before bed. And mid night bottle. She now only drinks the mid night one. She took 50mls just then before bed and that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Are you feeding her or is she feeding herself ? If you want to get her to drink more I would keep trying mornings, milk first , don't offer food until she has drunk some milk - is she eating a varied diet - fish/meat/veggies/grains/fats - if she is I would just make sure you keep her water intake up as she needs to be hydrated