+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not coping with hyperemesis gravibarum

Hello. Will be 8wks pg in two days. Am suffering from severe vomiting and nausea. Had been trying to conceive for 2.5 years, finally conceived on 100mg of CLOMID and was over the moon. About three weeks ago the vomiting started. Usually lasting two days at every 1 - 2 hours, I have a day break where I just feel nauseated then begin the process again. It's really getting to the best of me, I feel down/depressed even, I didn't expect it to be like this. I can't work, I have trouble keeping any meal down and I've tried EVERYTHING. I've been given ginger, maxalon, zorfran, I'm even trying gaviscon as I have recently learnt this is a god send to some women with my condition. I just don't know what else to do. I'm scared. I don't know how long this will last, I'm told it can last the whole term which scares me even more. now I'm hating my pregnancy and that makes me hate myself . Is there anyone else going through this? Or anyone that had this and had it gone by the second trimester?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine has just gone at 12 weeks but it didn't sound as bad as yours. I went to hospital once for dehydration and they gave me fluids and an injection of maxalon which helped a lot. I think it gave me depression and I hated being pregnant and myself even though it took 6 months to conceive. I think just resting and concentrating on the end result is the only things I can suggest and knowing that it WILL pass. I think its rare that it will last the entire pregnancy. I hope you feel better soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You need to chat to your dr more. There are other things toy can take. Try ranitidine (zantac). Vit B6. Restivit at night. All these are over the counter meds. Your best bet is to take a combo of them.

You can take 8mg zofran three times a day if you need to.

I was taking 4mg zofran twice a day, 150mg ranitidine twice a day, 50mg b6 three times a day and half a restivit at night.

With my first hg preg i lost 10% body weight and was in hospital three times. My hg stopped at 26wks with him.

This hg preg has been better med managed. In was hospitalised four times for iv fluids, twice overnight. I lost 5% of my body weight. I'm now almost 21wks, my hg is almost gone and I'm finally back to my prepreg weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzamum View Post
    I think its rare that it will last the entire pregnancy. I hope you feel better soon x
    Its not rare for it to last three whole time. Many many women only get relief once the baby is born.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Its not rare for it to last three whole time. Many many women only get relief once the baby is born.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yeah unfortunately my sister had HG the entire pregnancy for all three.

I had ms with vomiting ever day right up until I have birth with both of mine but was never hospitalised and I would think it was severe enough to be HG.

OP I'd go see your doctor again. It's horrible to go through. Fingers crossed it eases off sooner rather than later.