+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stillfuntryin View Post
    Aahhh congrats @Soques!!! Don't worry too much about the age gap! I found out I'm having a girl!! I'm 21 weeks and I'm having a c section at 39 weeks!!
    Congrats!!!!! Blood test confirmed today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Just wanted to say hi. My dp and I moved to Cairns a month ago and have our first appointment at qfg early March with Dr Coffey. Dp has an extra chromosome so we are going down the donor cycle. Anyone have any experience with Dr Coffey? I really am hopping for a genuine dr and not one that is just in and out.

Thanks everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry @RnR I'm in Townsville and my experience with QFG here was not a good one - so I ended up going to Sydney for my treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I'm not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I am finally 11 weeks pregnant after many years of IVF. I had my first obstetrician's appointment with Dr Thomas Wright at 10 weeks. He seems nice enough but I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on either him or the other two obstetricians (Natalie Kiesey-Calding and Liz Jackson) in Cairns as I am really unsure who to go with. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 01-04-2016 at 20:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity Fox View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I am finally 11 weeks pregnant after many years of IVF. I had my first obstetrician's appointment with Dr Thomas Wright at 10 weeks. He seems nice enough but I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on either him or the other two obstetricians (Natalie Kiesey-Calding and Liz Jackson) in Cairns as I am really unsure who to go with. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
    Well congrats @felicityFox!!! I can only go off my own experiences and those of my friends, Tom comes highly recommended by anyone and delivered my son in 2014 and is currently managing this pregnancy, the birth of my son was very complicated as he had something called shoulder dystosia ( were the shoulder gets stuck on the pelvis ) while this is happening their cord is clamped off and your baby is essintially suffocating, my boy was born not breathing, blue and limp, Tom handled things extremely well and my son has no effects from his birth, a lot of babies end up with nerve damage and could have Cerebral Palsey from the lack of oxygen, it all comes down to how quickly they can get them out, I was totally unaware something was wrong due to being in my own world in labor pains lol I couldn't commend Tom and more for his efforts that night! I hemmoraged ( which is very common for shoulder dystosia births) and he took such good care of me, he is funny at the right times but very professional!! Another IVF friend who had a shoulder dystosia delivery was using Tom but went into labor over the weekend and ended up with Natalie, I don't know her circumstances but her baby was without oxygen for some time and ended up with a broken arm. I seen Natalie at 18 weeks for a bleed and didn't like her bedside manner at all, and she charges a management fee which I don't like. I currently live 870km from cairns but still make the drive to see Tom because I trust him.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Felicity Fox  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for getting back to me @stillfuntryin - that is some great feedback about Tom. It sounds like he works extremely well under pressure. I plan to have a cesarean so I hope he is on board with that.

I enquired about Natalie's pricing and her management fee is $3600 which I can't justify spending so she is def off the list.

Congratulations on your pregnancy - you don't have long to go. Wishing you all the very best for the safe arrival of bubba no. 2. FF xx
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 02-04-2016 at 08:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soques View Post
    Sorry @RnR I'm in Townsville and my experience with QFG here was not a good one - so I ended up going to Sydney for my treatment.
    Hi @Soques, would you mind sharing which practitioner you were using through QFG? TIA.

Congratulations and good luck @Felicity Fox & @stillfuntrying!
    Last edited by GM9; 02-04-2016 at 08:51.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GM9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicityfox- i have had 2 babies through Dr Waterfield and absolutely loved him! He unfortunately suddenly retired at the end of last year so I had to pick a new OB with this pregnancy. I decided on Liz Jackson because I couldn't justify the $3600 management fee of the other lady OB. I found Liz to be ok but have actually chosen to transfer my care to Townsville as I felt that Liz was not comfortable/competent in treating me ( complicated pregnancy ). At the point that I decided to switch I couldn't get in to DR wright otherwise I prob would have went with him. But my new OB in Townsville is awesome so I'm happy with where I ended up anyway. Oh and Liz has a management fee as well I'm not sure if you're aware of that? It's $2000. Good luck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kit84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Kit84 thanks so much for your feedback. I was thinking about meeting with Liz Jackson but, I know this sounds ageist, she looks so young (from her photo on the QFG website) and much of her training seems to be quite recent so I was a bit concerned that she might not have the depth of experience that I would want from an ob, so your comments are much appreciated. Sounds like Dr Tom gets a big tick from everyone, so I will just stay put. Glad you've found yourself a great ob in Townsville - good luck with your pregnancy. FFxx
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 02-04-2016 at 09:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Maxwellsmum. I am in the process of seeing Dr Verkuijl & have my first round booked. I have just heard of some 'not so good' information regarding Dr Chang but I was wondering if there were any issues with the others. It's really hard to know if I truly have significant fertility issues as my ex was not very helpful with getting tested, attending appointments etc. and all I could do was trust that the, what looked to be rather dodgy, semen analysis he showed me, was in fact accurate. But that's another story in itself!! All of my tests have come back fine so far.

So this time I will know for sure if I have any issues and find out the quality of my eggs, as I'm not getting any younger!! I know of people who have had a successful pregnancy the second round of IVF with Dr Verkuijl and I get the impression she is more proactive than Dr Chang when it comes to changing medications for subsequent rounds.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GM9 For This Useful Post:

Maxwellsmum  (02-04-2016)