+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey to all the fnq ivfers! It's been pretty quiet in these parts lately. How's everyone going? All those cyclers, jabbers, limboers, take a breakers and preggers , drop us a line to let us know where you're at. If you can wade in from the rain for long enough that is! It's a bit special this fnq weather we're having at the moment. Doesn't make it easy for exercise.

So baby musical is getting to the pointy end of things now..... 37 weeks! I'll try to attach a belly shot. Very round indeed. I've had a dream pregnancy really. It's only just these last couple of weeks that I have found sore hips, swollen feet and not being able to sleep have come into the mix. Dr W has recommended a cesarean in 2 wks time! Eeek! So we only have a little while to go. My 'get ready for baby' list is almost complete, and I'm still waddling along to prenatal yoga. Othery than that, have finished work and am just trying to relax before the big arrival.

I look fwd to hearing how everyone is going xx

MusicalGal
    Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I recognise a few names on this forum from way back when it started. I'm starting my 2nd lot of IVF with QFG in March. This will be for bub number 2. I was incredibly lucky to have conceived first time with ICSI back in feb 2012. I had acupuncture with Kerri Adams, but this time round I need to go with someone else as she only works 9-5, mon- fir, and I can't get anyone to look after my daughter until after hours and on weekends. Can anyone recommend anyone that is lovely like Kerri, but can work outside work hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did a FET at cfc on the 28th February, I'm only 4dp5dt and got my bfp tonight!! Over the moon

Thanks
    Reviews
    stillfun, - fantastic news. A big congrats to you.

Kahu, - I used ping pan, on mulgrave rd, next to kfc, over the road from office works. Seemed to work better for me. Relaxation wise, anyway...

Hello musical mummy! - What a lovely bump shot!
    I hope he/she is eating and sleeping well. And you are getting enough rest.

AFM, - not TTC anymore, and I'm starting to accept that we will only ever be a family of 3. Better for traveling anyway. We just got back from japan and had a wonderful time. Even passed through Cairns for 4 nights on the way back through. We are talking about moving back. I am not settling well in the west.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kahu - goodluck!

Stillfuntryin - That's awesome to hear. for good hcg numbers.

Bluemarlin - How's things going?

MrsPontipine - It's such a hard decision to make, when to stop. Hope you are doing well.

afm - Just under 4weeks and I will be holding our little bellybean
    Last edited by Amps; 05-03-2014 at 07:19.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies... Was wondering if I might be able to join in... I am from Townsville and starting my IVF journey as well..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome soques, hopefully your stay will be a lot shorter than us!

Amps: not long now! I bet you are a mixture of excitement and abject fear!

Musicalgal: jack looks beautiful! Enjoy this special time xo

Still fun: congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Isn't it the best feeling!

MrsP: I'm sorry you have had to make that decision, some things just aren't fair. Are you looking at moving back?

AFM: 13 weeks today. No morning sickness at all. Had my nt scan and all low risk. I'm seeing dr wright and he seems nice. I went to babies are us on the weekend. That place scared the bejesus out of me! Lol

Have a great day everyone xo

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluemarlin For This Useful Post:

Amps  (05-03-2014),MrsPontipine  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, I did a digi this morn and it was preg 1-2, so excited!!
    I'm sorry Mrs P, I played with the thought if this cycle failed but I can't tell you how sorry I am.
    Soques- welcome I hope your stay is short
    Blue- You crack me up! That far already! Only seemed like yesterday you were posting tests

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies for all of your kind words... and since I am new to this thread thought I would introduce myself with a bit more detail...

Been TTC for over 8 years now with not even an inkling of success. Saw a GP in 2012 and started the process. Have seen three different clinics before finding one that sorted of fitted with us and we went through our first IVF cycle with EPU on the 28th of Feb. I didn't stim well and only had three follicles for collection and was given the option to cancel. I went ahead anyway as I needed to see how things turned out... unfortunately we were not able to get any eggs and scientist said that the cells that were collected gave the impression that the follicles were not of good quality anyway. So as you can image quite disappointed... I realise it is not my FS fault and the only thing we can do is to try again with different or stronger drugs and I am okay with that... issue is being in regional areas (as most of you are aware) we have to have our cycles regulated and I am not willing to do that again... at least not right away... the Pill does funny things to my body and I just don't like it.

So today I sat down and did some pretty full on research into other clinics for options... I have narrowed it down to three... now have to pick a doctor... any help you lovely ladies can do for me to get it even closer would be great (I have started another thread on BH so you might have already responded to that, please PM me if you don't want to publish here thats fine too) but as I have no friends or relatives in the areas I am looking at I am really looking for helpful (good or bad) feedback.

Genea - Sydney CBD Clinic - Dr Mark Bowman or Dr Alison Gee

Fertility East (bondi junction) - Dr Julie Lukic or Dr Jenny Cook

Assisted Conception (Brisbane) - Dr Clare Boothroyd

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soques - After 6 unsuccessful attempts with 2 Cairns clinics, we went with Genea in Sydney cbd but with Dr Devora Lieberman. She was fantastic, did Skype appointment with her and then the fertility nurse, was so good not having to fly down just for an initial consult. Spoke plenty on the phone too, found Devora and the nurses easy to talk to, they listen to you and discuss all options, emailed medical files etc. They really made it easy. Courier fees for the drugs was expensive but so worth it. I didn't need to go on the pill(some clinics don't push this, if your cycle starts on a weekend it can be worked around), we went with my body's normal schedule which was great to be able to do. We planned it so I stayed in Sydney from the day before my first scan to a couple of days after transfer, so 15days, dh joined me the night before egg pick up. We made the time in between a holiday. I could prattle on heaps but if you would like to know more just message me. Hope this helps...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Soques  (05-03-2014)