+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Eeek are they wanting to do bloods to see what is happening?

Afm CD13 today I kind of blew my good diet and no alcohol etc yesterday with a very impromptu crazy night at the German club octoberfest celebrations followed by cocktails at the salt house :/ feeling mighty seedy today and hoping I haven't undone all the good work with DHEA Melatonin and supplements by drinking so much!! I certainly didn't drink as much as the rest of our friends but I feel terrible I shouldn't have had so many!

Oh well it's done now moving onward

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella, - They don't know yet, but I will call tomorrow to let her know. We'll see what she says.

I'm sure a one off night out on the p!$$ won't hurt you at all. Except for the hang over of course. I hope you're feeling better now.

Hi to everyone else.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I have finally made my CD 21 apt at the clinic to start ivf next cycle, I'm not sure if I already asked this but how much difference is a stim cycle to a fet cycle? Do I have to organise the Medicare stuff or do the clinic help with that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stillfuntryin View Post
    Well I have finally made my CD 21 apt at the clinic to start ivf next cycle, I'm not sure if I already asked this but how much difference is a stim cycle to a fet cycle? Do I have to organise the Medicare stuff or do the clinic help with that?

I spoke to medicare the other day and the man suggested before you start and IVF cycle fill out a safety net threshold form. Your first stim cycle will blow your safety net so best have the paper work already done. Stim cycle set me back about $9500 up front then we got approx $5000 back. Frozen was approx $1500 out of pocket but you have to pay extra for the meds and crinone is $200 a box of 15. Still fun, do you have private health cover because we do so the costs above do not include any of the day surgery costs as I have a fairly high private health cover 9they added up to about $2000 for the stim). So yep frozen cycles are a lot cheaper and once you hit that safety net threshold you receive extra back as well. Best of luck with your cycle for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

I should add I rang medicare and he is sending me a form in the mail. He said that the safety net period runs calendar year so as my next cycle may fall over into January I need to fill out the form now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

i have been doing some reading today and an interesting paragraph on diet for autoimmune issues which I know a number of us are using certain meds to reduce chances of immune issues affecting implantation etc I am going to cut these out for my cycle and tww because funnily enough I normally eat all of those a lot lots of spice lots of nuts eggs capsicum in cooking and salads eeeek!

Emerging research has made clear the link between Neolithic foods (grains, legumes and dairy) and autoimmune diseases such as Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis and a host of other less well know conditions. Many people have found significant improvements in autoimmune disease by eliminating the Neolithic foods and building a diet around nutritious Paleo options. If you suffer from an autoimmune disease we highly recommend you start a Paleo diet and let us know what your results are. To give your body its best chance to heal we recommend that you initially limit the following foods:

Eggs
    Tomatoes & eggplants
    Peppers including bell peppers and hot peppers
    Spices such as curries, paprika, and chili powder.
    Nuts and seeds
    Some of these otherwise Paleo-friendly foods have been shown to be problematic in individuals with autoimmune issues. We recommend you fully remove not only these foods but also all Neolithic foods (grains, breads, potatoes, beans and dairy) for at least a month to see if they pose a problem for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have family health cover but im not up to my 12months yet so I wil have to fork it out on my own, Carly did a costings with the anaesthetic costs and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    I spoke to medicare the other day and the man suggested before you start and IVF cycle fill out a safety net threshold form. Your first stim cycle will blow your safety net so best have the paper work already done. Stim cycle set me back about $9500 up front then we got approx $5000 back. Frozen was approx $1500 out of pocket but you have to pay extra for the meds and crinone is $200 a box of 15. Still fun, do you have private health cover because we do so the costs above do not include any of the day surgery costs as I have a fairly high private health cover 9they added up to about $2000 for the stim). So yep frozen cycles are a lot cheaper and once you hit that safety net threshold you receive extra back as well. Best of luck with your cycle for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my North queensland friends. .. just a little update from me. 18 weeks. ... and it's a boy! Still can't believe this is actually happening.

Good luck out there everyone. I'm thinking and crossing everything for you all xxx

MusicalGal

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Amps  (03-10-2013),Butterfly39  (04-10-2013),MrsPontipine  (03-10-2013),Sharlee32  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow music gal!!! A BOY
    I have made my CD21 appointment to start IVF next month, getting very excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow music gal!!! A BOY
    I have made my CD21 appointment to start IVF next month, getting very excited
    I'm glad you've made your decision and are already looking to stim.

MusicalGal your time has flown by, how exciting a blue one....Now to hit the shops Makes me a little sad in a way if my first chemical cycle had worked I would be at around 18 weeks along now.

It has being very quiet on here lately, What's everyone else up to?

AFM so I was cycling in November, then December...then the clinic told me no cycling in December more like January nxt year so after a long ph. convo I am back to maybe cycling in November. There was a bit of confusion with the clinic thinking I needed to do a stim and forgetting about my two little frosties. I will get a definate on the 11th November when I have my follow up appoitment with my new FS. It will depend on if she has all my results back in. It takes 8 weeks to get them back from Brisbane but FS can call them to get results over the phone if need be. I get to cycle before next year.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

MusicalGal  (07-10-2013)