+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Shazzymoo - so good to hear from you...and what better news, a little girl. Im so happy that it worked out for you. Me....I travelled to South Africa and did a donor cycle in Cape Town...had the best 2 week holiday, with a couple of doctors appointments and I am now 10 weeks pregnant.

MrsP - How are you? Congrats on deciding to do CGH..big decision. So AF is about to start any day...do you then start stimming?

Bella - Ooh hun, how is your back. Hope you have a quick recovery. Just over 3 weeks and counting down...woohoo!

AFM
    Dry mouth has hit me....never knew that pregnancy can give you dry mouth!! This is SO unchartered territory for me!

I take my last Gestone injection next Wednesday....my purple Gestone bag, that once was so full of vials, syringes and needles, is almost empty...looks a little sad. DP and I were talking the other day saying that when the Gestone finishes, it will be one less connection to South Africa, but we have the most important connection still on board and hopefully growing from strength to strength.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny, - I'm sure it is growing strong. . It will be nice for you to stop all the needles. I know when I stopped them, it started to feel less like an IVF cycle, and more like a pregnancy. ...
    Dry mouth ha! Hmmm, - at least it will keep you drinking lots of water.

Yes the CGH decision was a big one. I thought about it back in May but WDA talked me out of it, in a way. But it's not about the money so we're going to go ahead with it if we get suitable embies. So on that note, CGH still might not happen.

Oh, - When AF arrives I'll be starting the pill on day 4 till day 19, and then waiting for AF again to start stimming.

Have a great weekend everybody.

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shazzymoo wow congrats, enjoy that little girl what did you name her?

Mrs P why was your last cycle cancelled? Good luck with your next one.

Sunny Pregnancy does strange things lol, while I was preg last year I would do up to 5 bowel movements a day....

Hello to everyone else

AFM I'm pretty sure my next move with the clinic will be IVF, I'm in the process of talking to ken about how I feel about it but I'm not quite sure if he is a 100 percent on board, I need him to be as invested as I am and I feel like that's not the case, I can't go through this on my own and I don't think he understands that, any suggestions on how I can approach this would b muchly appreciated, I'm sure the clinic would go into it in more detail once I decided what I was going to do but what is the process for me the first time what do I do to start with? what drugs, what to expect,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stillfun, it depends on your AMH levels what meds they will try. I was put on an antagonist plan which is two injections a day (dosages will vary) one in the am and one in the pm. There are longer and there are shorter IVF plans. Mine was roughly 14 days between Day one of the pill and EPU. I can't really offer advise on how to get your Partner on board, mine was the one who originally said yep let's do it as he just wants us to have a baby BUT is saying that after two failed cycles he has lost some of his faith in IVF. He thought it was a sure bet so he feels kind of let down and upset that he spent $6000 for nothing.AFM I had my appoitment with my new FS and spend 45 minutes in there with her. Basically my other FS hasn't completed all the testing on me or DH. He didn't test us for chromosones and some others so she wants to do all the initial testing again. We have a follow up appoitment for the end of November to get test results and plan the next cycle. Next cyle we will be doing the Bondi protocol and an endrometrial scratch. I spoke to her about a few of my concerns and she was quite surprised that my other FS did IVF she thought that we might have being able to try other methods initially. So at this stage I am hoping to cycle in December. I can't get over how much of my TTC journey is being wasted waiting for test results. Months and friggen months,,,but if the FS's would do what you freaken pay them huge dollars to do in the first place then it wouldn't happen. Anyhow moving forward I do like my new FS at least she seems to genuinely care, hoping that the extra care and tests might result in a BFP from one of my little frosties.
    Last edited by Sharlee32; 24-09-2013 at 10:23. Reason: my spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it wasn't that hard to get DH on board after all LOL, He just wants a baby just like me but he is just a little worried about money, Its not like we don't have it its more that we don't want to spend it, but who does!
    I got Carly to do up a full costing for me and up front is around $9500 but OOP is $4778, but I have to think about accommodation for 3 weeks also. I was humming and haring about IUI yesterday, its $2600 and I will only need to be in town for 1 week, but if we are going to start spending money I want the best outcome, I don't know success rates for CFC which maybe I should find out, I feel like I should give them the benefit of the doubt and changing clinics at this stage would be a little stressful Im pretty comfortable where I am. What is your opinion? What would you do! There is apparently nothing wrong with me, There has to be something but nothing obvious. AM I outing too much into IVF, is it that reliable for someone with unexplained infertility? I would think it would be more successful than IUI right? the hard part is already done.... I wish it was easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stillfuntryin View Post
    Well it wasn't that hard to get DH on board after all LOL, He just wants a baby just like me but he is just a little worried about money, Its not like we don't have it its more that we don't want to spend it, but who does!
    I got Carly to do up a full costing for me and up front is around $9500 but OOP is $4778, but I have to think about accommodation for 3 weeks also. I was humming and haring about IUI yesterday, its $2600 and I will only need to be in town for 1 week, but if we are going to start spending money I want the best outcome, I don't know success rates for CFC which maybe I should find out, I feel like I should give them the benefit of the doubt and changing clinics at this stage would be a little stressful Im pretty comfortable where I am. What is your opinion? What would you do! There is apparently nothing wrong with me, There has to be something but nothing obvious. AM I outing too much into IVF, is it that reliable for someone with unexplained infertility? I would think it would be more successful than IUI right? the hard part is already done.... I wish it was easier
    That's good about DH stillfun. The success rates at QFG are about 40% fresh transfer and then 25-30% for a frozen transfer but everyone is different and it goes from age too, I am 33 and those were my age groups success rates. The only thing I would suggest is maintain realistic expectations becasue I was so sure we would get BFP as there is (supposedly) nothing wrong with me but we didn't and it is completely and absolutely soul destroying. So yes be prepared for any possible outcome including cancelled cycles ect. It certainly is a hard journey but as you can see just from this thread it can also be very rewarding for some.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stillfun, - Have you looked into why you miss carried the second time? Have you been trying naturally since then? Could you have a chromosomal issue, or an auto-immune issue? Maybe you could ask Dr L to look into it further before you go spending more money.
    Good luck with your decision.

AFM, - Still waiting for AF. I'm 4 days late and negative HPT. It's unusual for me to be that late.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at home in the wet season when I mc so there was noway of finding out, a question about freezing embryos, how much does it cost to do a transfer of frozen ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs P has AF showed yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellavista View Post
    Mrs P has AF showed yet?
    No! CD 34 and she's no where to be seen. I had 6 days of spotting the other week, I hope that wasn't it.

How are you going?