+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Review appointment tomorrow with doctor L, its only a phone consult. I hope they ring the right number I have told the clinic several times I have no mobile reception but they always seem to try to ring my mobile to contact me sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. I'm driving to Cairns on friday to pick up my mother in law but I'll be home on saturday. I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow afternoon I suppose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the well wishes ladies.

I haven't posted for a while, but please know that I am reading. I honestly don't know where the time goes....I have every intention of replying, but something always pops up. My parents leave this week and then DPs father and his partner (affectionately known as the Dragon Lady) arrive....great, fantastic, NOT!!! Thankfully, they are only here for 4 days....brilliant!! Maybe when all the visitors have gone, I will have a bit more time for me, us/BHers. It surely must be time for a catch up too?

I see that a lot of you are cycling or close to it. I have everything crossed for you...hopefully our catch up can turn into a mother group!!

So my OB appointment went really well.....the midwife and Natalie spent over 2 hours with me. I felt they really listened to me and I am in the best of hands. The ultrasound confirmed a subchorionic bleed due to the clexane. The pocket of blood or blood clot was not there, so it either bleed out or was re-absorbed. Cant guarantee the bleed wont happen again, as I will be on Clexane for most of the pregnancy. She also gave me an official dating, as the ultrasound I had the previous weeks was just a tad to early to officially date. She put me at 7 weeks, with an EDD of 16 April....day after my birthday!!! My brother thinks that's SO funny...boys!!!

So Im 9 weeks tomorrow....already over half way of my first trimester....that is hard to believe. I have been feeling really well...no morning sickness and I can count on one hand the times that I have been really tired. If it wasn't for the pills and injections to remind me that Im pregnant, I would forget!!!

Love to you all. Xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear from you sunny! It will be so good to catch up with you and everybody. We really should organise a Sunday lunch or Sat night dinner? Maybe in the next couple of weeks. ...? Who's in?

I reckon you have been spared the morning sickness because you have been through enough already. That's my SILs theory anyway! I too have been spared the ms , but look out, cos I didn't notice the tiredness til about 10/11 wks!

15 wks now and I still can't believe it. Now it's out, I'm getting congratulations all round, but all I can say is , thank you I still can't believe it! Lol. Maybe when I feel bubba bubbles it will become real. One thing's for sure. ... I definitely LOOK pregnant! I have a 5 mnth round belly! Chatting to others, it seems the hormones and prednisone are the culprits.

Good luck to all the cyclers, can't wait to catch up. Xx

MusicalGal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im in for a catch up when all my visitors leave. They all leave next week, so the weekend after next, Im all good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well a little shocked after my review, we have skipped straight to IVF, I don't think I need it, he said with Medicare rebates out of pocket isn't much different than IUI, I can't imagin that! What do you guys think, I know its pretty demanding and I'm not sure if we need it, would you do it if you didn't think u needed to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stillfuntryin View Post
    Well a little shocked after my review, we have skipped straight to IVF, I don't think I need it, he said with Medicare rebates out of pocket isn't much different than IUI, I can't imagin that! What do you guys think, I know its pretty demanding and I'm not sure if we need it, would you do it if you didn't think u needed to?
    Could you get a second opinion? I am not familar with IUI.

Our first FS told us we could either continue naturally or do IVF ICSI. So we kind of went with the IVF because I am super desperate to be a mummy..this month we are trying naturally...

Sorry I wasn't much help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still fun what reasons for the recommendation where given to go for IUI or IVF?

Second opinions never hurt like Sharlee suggested also there is no rush go at your own pace if you want to try a IUI your the customer request it.

Good luck it's tough making all of the decisions

Thanks
    Reviews
    I said I would rather try IUI first and he was ok with that but I almost felt pushed to do IVF, the reason he suggested IVF is because of the success rate for people my age, I know I'm there to het preg and that's his job is to make me a baby bit I didn't expect IVF so quicly for some reason in my head it was the lat resort! If you all don't mind me asking and I understand if you don't ent to share but what is your resasoning for starting IVF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    stillfuntryin - we went straight to ivf for several reasons, my age and low amh was the biggest factor as I had maybe 2-3years of time left naturally, my dh works away so timing rarely works out in our favour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still fun-we went straight to ivf also, even tho we had no known fertility issues, mainly due to age (38 at the time ) and he said the same, iui and ivf cost about the same and higher success with ivf. So we just cut to the chase. As it was , our ivf took 2yrs before success.

MusicalGal