+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 30 weeks scan, did you have to pay for this ?

Hi,

I had to pay for my 20 week scan but not my dating scan or NT at 12 weeks, at my 20 week scan they said that i have a partial low lying placenta and doc has said i have to get one at 30 weeks then my final scan at 36 weeks. So just wondering if any of you have had to have one at 30 weeks and had to pay for it ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 30wks with DS and don't remember paying for it. That was over 4yrs ago though so things may have changed now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to have a 30 week scan as well due to a problem with my placenta. It's been done by the imaging dept at the hospital I'm going through so I expect that it will be free. I imagine it depends on who does it? Obviously paid through the nose for the 12 week scan (had to use a private company), as our hospital doesn't do them, but every other one has been free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah getting mine done at regular place near me, next one at hospital isn't until 36 weeks. I was going to have to pay for my 12 week one except my doctor put all these fancy words on my referral so that they bulk billed it .
    My 20 week one i felt ripped off was like i had paid to just get beaten up, was bruised for days and then got no print outs of pictures at the end just scans that showed next to nothing, only one i could make out was what sex he was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have to have a follow up for low lying placenta at 34weeks. I got the referral from my midwife through the hospitals imaging dept so no charge

Our 20 week scan was the same.

I had all previous (and there was alot) scans in the first tri to rule out complications done privately and referred through my gp. I didn't know the hospital could do them then.. Cost anywhere from $150-200 each time. Wish I had gone to the ed or antenatal triage instead of my gp with each scare..,would have taken longer with priority cases and queues etc but saved us alot of money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only down side of the hospitals imaging dept. they tell you when ur app is. No flexibility on dates and times. Bit of a hassle with work.. But still worth it for the savings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    The only down side of the hospitals imaging dept. they tell you when ur app is. No flexibility on dates and times. Bit of a hassle with work.. But still worth it for the savings.
    And they generally have the better sonographers as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same issue. My hospital doesn't do pregnancy scans for non emergencies as they are super busy so had to go to private clinics for all my scans...about $220 each.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had gestational diabetes with my son, so from about 30 weeks on the ob would send me for ultrasounds every few weeks to check on his growth I had them done at the hospital they were free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes because i didnt get my ultrasounds done through the public health system. i only had 2 u/s normal pregnancy.
    i found it more personal, i got a whole hour appt both times - didnt feel rushed, photos and videos put onto a usb to keep.
    had to pay $220 up front but medicare do a good rebate on it, i just cant remember excat figure.
    id never go thru the hospital again unless emergncy.
    Last edited by B00ts; 13-08-2013 at 08:13.