+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Opinions on Wesley hospital in Brisbane??

Hi

I'm looking at having out second child at the Wesley in Brisbane and was hoping someone here could offer some feedback

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had my son at the Wesley a month ago. He was in the special care nursery got a week due to unexpectedly arriving early at 35+6! The SCN ladies were all amazing!

The rooms are a great size and well appointed (private ensuite), the food was also pretty good, and generous servings.

The nurses/midwives on the maternity ward were also good (I only had one I didn't like, but only saw her once, and it was only cause she was a bit daft!). I did find though that I had to keep on top of them to bring me my meds on time (emergency c-sec). We ended up being there for 8 days.

The bed for your partner to sleep on is pretty uncomfortable though.

All in all it was a good stay, I'd recommend it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my first there.. you share a bathroom with the person next door.., the rooms are quite small in comparison to other hospitals, and the ''bed'' dh got was a flimsy foam mattress to put on the floor. Nurses were great, car park expensive and hospital complicated to visitors. Didn't go there again.. Next time I went to the North West and the rooms were double the size, much smaller hospital, no parking fees, and food was better.. and had own toilet/bathroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't realise the north west had a maternity ward.... Thanks I might look into that too

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Wesley has upgraded it maternity rooms to have all private bathrooms. We loved "the wes", had both babies there, with DS arriving 6 mths ago. Midwives were all great, look out for a fabulous one called Erin on the ward and Trisha in delivery, if you end up there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funny timing for this thread - I am currently at the Wesley having just had my second baby here last week . I highly recommend it and have had fantastic experiences both times. Yes, they upgraded their ward two yrs ago and now every room has a private bathroom and facilities are very modern. Food is great, staff are great - all in all I am very happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loved my experience at the Wesley with my first. In a strange way I'm looking forward to going back for my second. Nurses were great, rooms new and modern (after the renovations), food good (and all my meals had to be gluten free).