+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hugs to everyone.

Rippa and Am; you're both very brave sharing your stories.

Ive survived pnd twice now; im still being treated for it. But i dont think i could be so open and honest about it here so i commend you both.

I'm very lucky to have a partner stand by me through all the darkness.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-08-2013),MilkingMaid  (12-08-2013),RipperRita  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks so much everyone for the kind words and support. Ive been a member on here for a while (during most of the really dark times as well) and while I mostly read threads and occasionally post stuff, I can clearly see myself recovering from it all finally. There was a time I was far too fragile to post anything and sometimes because of my mind frame I would be extremely wounded by comments or threads on here. Its important to remember I think that although this is public forum, many mothers such as myself come here as our only connection with the outside world. We are vulnerable, we over react, we easily feel guilty, our confidence is shot and we are sometimes barely hanging in there. Its like real life, we should try and recognise those people on the forum and show empathy, kindness and understanding. I will never forget the handfull of beautiful forum members that showed me kindness and empathy during that dark period of my life. They don't even know that I am so grateful but I send warm fuzzies out to them through the computer all the time. I hope they feel it

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-08-2013),beebs  (11-08-2013),Whoknows  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Thank you for sharing this.

How do you know if you have PND or not? Do you feel sad all the time or do you still have happy times?

Sent from my telecommunications device.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    Thank you for sharing this.

How do you know if you have PND or not? Do you feel sad all the time or do you still have happy times?

its beyond just feeling sad. Though it did just start as an unshakable saddness and anxiety that gradually got worse and worse til it controlled my whole life. Its a feeling of absolute hopelessness. Like nothing will ever get better. For me it was also anxiety, I literally worried so much I couldn't sleep and would sometimes make myself sick. I also got panic attacks and was very angry at everyone and everything. I was very touchy and had low self esteem and felt unworthy of love, marriage, friendship, parenthood... Pretty much like I wasn't worth anything. You still are capable of having happy times. I was still excited and happy over my childrens milestones and had many great moments with my children but generally the sadness was never far below the surface.

i would also "fake" happiness at times because I was ashamed at how miserable and crappy I was
    Last edited by RipperRita; 11-08-2013 at 22:51.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    What an honest, open, humbling thing you have done in sharing your journey.

I have been battling this beast for half of my adult life and for me, the scariest part was feeling nothing. Not happy, not sad, just numb. A worthless void trying to make the right faces to the world so that I could just get by, not get noticed, because I didn't deserve it.

It's so complex, so misunderstood but it's NOT shameful. We are survivors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    You've given me a lot to think about. Thank you so much for being so open about it. I don't think I've ever read anyone's experience of PND before and I don't know much about it but your thread has helped me.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to say thank you.

Like many who have replied, I have too been there, and it has changed me and my view on many things in the process. As a Survivor i am almost the same person a was before, but a hell of a lot stronger and wiser for my experience.

I hope that one day the stigma attached can be removed, and the amazing women like yourself who are not afraid to speak up about their experience are definitely helping to make this a reality

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't believe there is any shame to your story !
    You are a brave person sharing.

Thank you
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for sharing, you're amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for sharing your story.
    I related to and sympathised with every word of it. You are so brave

*** "Daddy, toast, hat" ***