+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you for sharing your story. I am also a depression survivor. There is help out there, you just need to fight, and fight hard. It's totally worth it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Huge hugs for what you went through and thank you for sharing your story.

I completely agree that when you have been through mental illness (I continue to struggle and suffer with various kinds though not pnd) it changes the way you view others. People don't often do 'unthinkable' things because they are in their right mind.

Thanks for sharing, there needs to be way way more awareness and understanding of mental illness.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    As a fellow PND survivor, what you have written is so recognisable to me.
    In fact this is my story, if you ever feel like reading it.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-so-completely

You will read articles in the paper like the one about the Brisbane lady that starved her twins to death or the mother drowned her babies in the bath and jumped off a bridge and instead of feeling rage, you will feel sadness and empathy and wish you could of held that mother and her babies in your arms.

So, so so true.

I actually felt a bit of the trauma come back after the thread about that story, the shame of having been so close to something like that, and knowing how harshly people judge. It's horrible.
    I agree, I feel sick when I see people being so judgey ((.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Ripperita for sharing your story. You are right, it is treatable, and the more we talk openly about it the less stigma there will be!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    As a fellow PND survivor, what you have written is so recognisable to me.
    In fact this is my story, if you ever feel like reading it.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-so-completely

You will read articles in the paper like the one about the Brisbane lady that starved her twins to death or the mother drowned her babies in the bath and jumped off a bridge and instead of feeling rage, you will feel sadness and empathy and wish you could of held that mother and her babies in your arms.

So, so so true.

I actually felt a bit of the trauma come back after the thread about that story, the shame of having been so close to something like that, and knowing how harshly people judge. It's horrible.
    I read your story with tears in my eyes because I can relate to so much. It breaks my heart that you went through something similar. I also have revisited the many health professionals and organisations I tried to seek help off who failed to realise the severity of my case. I asked for help off so many people. May other mothers never know the depths of despair we have visited
    Last edited by RipperRita; 11-08-2013 at 19:00.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for sharing. In a previous thread I felt you helped me so much just by saying 'its not you thinking these things it's your illness or anxiety controlling your thoughts' or something to that effect. I still carry those words with me always they helped me so much to get through my darker days.

Thank you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Whoknows For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reading this story I can relate to everything you said. I went through very similar experience and remember thinking and saying to myself and husband and close family I just won't ever be myself again, I felt like a stranger to myself and this was terrifying. I had a very traumatic birth and pretty much went downhill whilst still in hospital, so immediately went into mother baby unit and this I know saved mine and my sons life. I had terrible thoughts and visual images of hurting my son, it was so terrifying. Luckily for me I had a panic attack in the hospital and wanted to leave/run away, one of the nurses stopped me, I was just out of my mind. I have been extremely open about what happened to me in hope it may help someone else. After 5 years and three miscarriages I'm now pregnant, if it happens again i have plans in place, fingers crossed for me this time. Thanks for sharing your story, 😘

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Katness For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    The biggest, most important thing for me was to start being kind, forgiving and empathetic to myself.
    Thank you - this is so true. I am getting better but this helps so much.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Qwerty For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you to all for sharing your stories.
    Ripper rita , I haven't experienced pnd and your story has given me some insight. If you don't mind my asking, was there a turning point that pushed you to take that step to seek help from a gp? Also do you feel there was anything your friends or family could have done to help sooner? I have a few pregnant friends, one struggled quite a lot with her first baby so if there are some things I should know or things to keep in mind then it would be great for me to know and be a support.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You are one strong woman. Thank you for sharing your story. This is not a shameful story at all, actually I think you should be hugely proud of yourself.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

19. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (11-08-2013)