+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are just doing it sslowly here too as he is ready. We are using a step and the big toilet with a little seat on it rather than a potty!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the step ladders are a great idea and i would think they would work well for little boys
    We will transition to toilet soon with a seat to make it smaller. For now the potty is great for my dd at this stage and she's doing so well. I realise she will have to use a toilet when we are out and about but for the next 2 weeks we will be at home so the potty is fine for now, for her. She's doing everything by herself, to be honest, its easier for me haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    We started at 3 with my DS. I bought a little potty and tried to teach him, using chocolate buttons. I then put undies on him and there were a few accidents, but once I moved the potty to the bathroom he was comfortable with wee/poo in the potty and then after a few weeks he would go on the toilet. It took about 2 weeks and once the treats were gone that was it. He transitioned well, thankfully. I kept asking him did he need to go potty. He clicked after a few days. I found little treats worked well and will try the same approach when I have to toilet train my next child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We went shopping today with jocks on, I put the potty in the boot (station wagon). He told me twice he needed to go, and done two wees! He did do a small poo because we couldn't get back to the car in time, but am so very impressed with him!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our daughter at 15months started to show interest in toilet training. She would try and go on the toilet when we were going so we got a potty to see what she would do. She really took to it and wanted to go on it all the time. We never pushed it, but when she did something we gave her heaps of praise. We then let her pick out undies from the shops and she started wearing them. I was used to washing cloth nappies so it didnt faze me when she had accidents or anything.

By 18 months she had pretty much trained herself. If she ever had accidents we never got cranky at her, just told her wee wees and poo poos are for the potty.

She is now 26 months old and still has the occasional accident but does very well. She is now wanting to not have her nappy at her day sleep which we let her, some days no accidents, other days she will wet the bed.

The key for us was listening to her and going with it and starting it early because now it just seems something so normal to her. She wanted to do it and showed lots of interest in it so we let her lead the way.
    Also when we leave the house I always ask her "do you need to do wee wees" and she will tell me yes or no, and I just make sure when we are out I know where toilets are if she needs them.

I think patience is the key and not letting it worry you too much.
    Also toilet training is apart of our daily routine- always making sure that she is ok and if she needs to go and having the potty readily available.

Its crazy because I had kids at my work who it could take months to train, and then some who would literally toilet train over the weekend!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nicolier For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (28-10-2013)