+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noty View Post
    Depends on your industry. I work for a charitable institution which means I can salary package any bills up to ~$15000 a year (actually $30000 but minus FBT). I do similar to PP and get ~$615/fn pretax on my credit card but could use for childcare. We can also put extra on top on cards to only be used at restaurants and another for hotels (I think another $10000 pretax, I do less than this). My salary is slightly less than if I did the same job elsewhere but it works out better due to tax reductions. And super too.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    The actual amount you can SP at a PBI is $16050 but its grossed up to $30000 for reporting purposes and if u package bills which incl GST u package less than the $16050.
    Restaurants and hotels are exempt benefits which not all organisations include (in house packaging mostly) and they are not capped but an organisation can cap it if they choose to make it fairer.
    I work in payroll and finance and my job includes administering salary packaging so I'm a bit of a freak with info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yip Sandy that's right. My work does put a $10000 limit on the restaurants (I use much less) and I think another $10000 on the hotels (I don't use this one). We can also only package 50% of our salary (not sure if that's just my workplace?) Great perk if you can get it/use it.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah Noty that's your organisations policy (not an ato requirement) lots of places do it not sure why.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All great info, thankyou! Now to approach my potential Employer with my expectations without seeming too pushy?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Moat employers have a policy that applies to everyone, rather than doing things individually. But can't hurt to ask.